bug in civ conquests

I have found what I presume is a bug in Civ Conquests.

After I get a military leader, I cannot use it to build an army
or a wonder, but only a city improvement. The next turn
I cannot use it to build anything !

Bye

"Cayman" <dra@kdsljjsd.us> wrote in message
>I have found what I presume is a bug in Civ Conquests.
>
> After I get a military leader, I cannot use it to build an army
> or a wonder, but only a city improvement. The next turn
> I cannot use it to build anything !

MGLs cannot rush great wonders in C3C, only SGLs can.
Make sure you have enough cities to support however many armies you have. 4
cities are required per army.

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:41:17 GMT, "Cayman" <dra@kdsljjsd.us> wrote:

>I have found what I presume is a bug in Civ Conquests.
>
>After I get a military leader, I cannot use it to build an army
>or a wonder, but only a city improvement. The next turn
>I cannot use it to build anything !

It isn't a bug, but a rule change. Military leaders can build
armies -- if you can't, that would be a bug. Unless perhaps, you have
less than four cities? I've never got a leader at that point, so I
don't know if that would stop you from making an army.

Military leaders can no longer hurry great wonders. This change
makes them less powerful, but also makes it less likely that a
fighting nation will blow away opponents in getting wonders. They can
still hurry improvements and small wonders.

Scientific great leaders are new to conquests, and those can hurry
great wonders (but they can't make armies). You have a shot at
getting one if you are the first civilization to get a given tech.

"Jeffery S. Jones" <jeffsj@execpc.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:41:17 GMT, "Cayman" <dra@kdsljjsd.us> wrote:
>
> >I have found what I presume is a bug in Civ Conquests.
> >
> >After I get a military leader, I cannot use it to build an army
> >or a wonder, but only a city improvement. The next turn
> >I cannot use it to build anything !
>
> It isn't a bug, but a rule change. Military leaders can build
> armies -- if you can't, that would be a bug. Unless perhaps, you have
> less than four cities? I've never got a leader at that point, so I
> don't know if that would stop you from making an army.
>
> Military leaders can no longer hurry great wonders. This change
> makes them less powerful, but also makes it less likely that a
> fighting nation will blow away opponents in getting wonders. They can
> still hurry improvements and small wonders.
>
> Scientific great leaders are new to conquests, and those can hurry
> great wonders (but they can't make armies). You have a shot at
> getting one if you are the first civilization to get a given tech.

Any idea if a military leader can hurry a military wonder, like Sun Tzu ? I
was getting confused because I'm sure I remember hurrying a wonder with a ML
in C3C. hmm. Also I'm sure I remember not being able to hurry Theory Of
Evolution or Cure For Cancer with a SL. Is this right ? Maybe because they
are "Concept" wonders rather than a physical structure. Does it say anywhere
in the Conquests manual ?

Cheers