MSN Messenger Garbled Audio

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have encountered a confusing problem with MSN Messenger
since I upgraded to SP2. When talking to another party,
the audio comes back mixed up, ie: words in a sentence are
out of order. (Example: If the party at the other end
counts from 1 to 10, the count that I receive may go
something like this: 1,2,4,3,5,7,8,6, etc.) The party I am
talking to receives me perfectly. I have tried with
Firewall and Virus Scan disabled, but nothing seems to
help. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Greetings John,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right
click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose the
Uninstall button instead.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert