Science on terrain

How much science is there in different terrain types?

Buck
For What its Worth,

Buck

"The Great Gazoo" <thegreat@ga.zoo> wrote in message
> How much science is there in different terrain types?
>
> Buck
> For What its Worth,
>
> Buck

Terrain doesnt produce science directly.
It produces "trade" which is then split up between science and gold (set by
you in f1), and modified by libraries, marketplaces etc etc.
If you right click on a square on the map it will tell you how much trade it
produces, or you can check in the civilopedia.

Roads generally add one trade, also republic and democratic government add
one trade in each square.

Sounds like you need to read the manual as you are missing some basics.

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:13:56 GMT Vladesch
<vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
<oWWld.36693$K7.6686@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> Terrain doesnt produce science directly.
> It produces "trade"...

Which the manual refers to as "commerce", reserving the term "trade" for
exchanges between different civs.

Earlier versions of Civ used the word "trade" for what is now "commerce",
and old hands at the game still use the word in this way, but it is a
potential source of confusion to novices.

--
Daran

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll