DYP Install, What Old DYP Files To Remove

Installing DYP to PTW. I remember I was advised to remove some old
scenarios last time I did this, but, cannot remember which files. Can
anyone help please.

Rob

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:24:35 -0000, "Canopus"
<BNRAGMAOKKXT@spammotel.com> wrote:

>Installing DYP to PTW. I remember I was advised to remove some old
>scenarios last time I did this, but, cannot remember which files. Can
>anyone help please.
>
>Rob

I don't remember the exact filenames. Go to:
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization
III\CIV3PTW\Scenarios

Look for bic/bix files. On my computer it is called:
Double Your Pleasure.bix

Remove the subfolder. On my computer it is called:
Double Your Pleasure

These files could also be called DYP or DYP1.5 or something like that.

The new version should install into its own folder. Removing these
files just prevents cofusion later when you go to play the game.

"P12" <nowhere@all.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:24:35 -0000, "Canopus"
> <BNRAGMAOKKXT@spammotel.com> wrote:
>
> >Installing DYP to PTW. I remember I was advised to remove some old
> >scenarios last time I did this, but, cannot remember which files. Can
> >anyone help please.
> >
> >Rob
>
> I don't remember the exact filenames. Go to:
> C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization
> III\CIV3PTW\Scenarios
>
> Look for bic/bix files. On my computer it is called:
> Double Your Pleasure.bix
>
> Remove the subfolder. On my computer it is called:
> Double Your Pleasure
>
> These files could also be called DYP or DYP1.5 or something like that.
>
> The new version should install into its own folder. Removing these
> files just prevents cofusion later when you go to play the game.

In the end I deleted (moved actually) the DYP folder and all .bix files,
installed DYP and then started moving back .bix files that I figured were
nothing to do with DYP. May have left a few out, but, that doesn't matter.

Hacking the .ini file to get the Windows Save box back because I don't like
the way Civ 3 saves gave me a little trouble, I couldn't find it. Then I
realized the .ini file wasn't created until I ran Civ 3 for the first
time...LOL

Rob