Start Menu Problems

G

My girlfriend's computer had a problem with her explorer after she updated her anti virus program. Might be because of that or coincidence. But after that whenever she boots up, she'll instantly get an explorer error and can't do anything after that. After reinstalling windows over the previous one, there wasn't any explorer errors but the quick launch is missing after every boot (needed to put back every time) and her start menu will not pop up. I made a start menu toolbar for her to overcome this but it too disappears after a fresh boot. Can anyone help? We're trying to avoid reformatting and reinstalling windows because there's too much class work data on the computer to back up without hauling my computer to her house to burn them on CDs. Thanks for all your help.

G

I used to get a similar problem. I would suggest that you try installing a new version of Internet Explorer, you can reinstall if you already have the latest version. The quick launch feature came with i.e version 4.1 (as did the active desktop feature) so reinstalling might fix your problem.

Whats all this about square pegs and round holes?