Can't send files through messenger

I use messenger a lot. Can do everything with it but
transfer files. I have sucessfully done voice, video,
whiteboard, RA, you name it, but I can't get the file
transfer to work. Keep getting a message saying file
transfer is blocked, and to contact my ISP. I did, and
they say they do not block it. Any clue what to do???
3 answers Last reply
More about send files messenger

    Having a similiar problem. Don't see much of it here however. One of
    my contacts has 'email address not verified' in the address field.
    Wonder if that is the problem. (File transfers work but neither of us
    can access them.)
    Bill
    Atlanta

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:25:32 -0700, "BobR"

    >I use messenger a lot. Can do everything with it but
    >transfer files. I have sucessfully done voice, video,
    >whiteboard, RA, you name it, but I can't get the file
    >transfer to work. Keep getting a message saying file
    >transfer is blocked, and to contact my ISP. I did, and
    >they say they do not block it. Any clue what to do???

    1. Have you tried to change the file extension? Certain
    file extensions are blocked by default.
    2. After receiving a file you have to unblock it before
    you can use it: in Windows explorer right-click on the
    received file. Properties/Unblock.

    I updated WM from 5.0.0482 to 5.1.0639 and found that the function of
    transfer picture and exe file will fail, i have to zip it, it is very
    inconvenience, is there any way can fix that? or any reg key can be added?
    thanks.

    "Tran" wrote:

    > 1. Have you tried to change the file extension? Certain
    > file extensions are blocked by default.
    > 2. After receiving a file you have to unblock it before
    > you can use it: in Windows explorer right-click on the
    > received file. Properties/Unblock.

Internet Service Providers Messenger Microsoft Windows XP