MSN Add-ins

October 9, 2004 11:10:31 PM

After installing SP2, messenger was automatically upgraded (downgraded??) to
version 4.7, but the ability to see how many Hotmail messages and to receive
an Alert when a new mail arrives has disappeared.

I downloaded version 5.0 (which I assume to be later than 4.7) together with
the MSN Add-in (msnaddin.exe) from
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73... ,
but when executing the Add-in I get a message which says:- "You do not have
the latest version of Messenger. Please install the latest version from
http://messenger.microsoft.com" . I wish I knew what was going on....

More about : msn add ins

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 7:01:03 AM

Greetings,

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"MartynB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing SP2, messenger was automatically upgraded (downgraded??) to version 4.7,
> but the ability to see how many Hotmail messages and to receive an Alert when a new mail
> arrives has disappeared.
>
> I downloaded version 5.0 (which I assume to be later than 4.7) together with the MSN Add-in
> (msnaddin.exe) from
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73... ,
> but when executing the Add-in I get a message which says:- "You do not have the latest
> version of Messenger. Please install the latest version from
> http://messenger.microsoft.com" . I wish I knew what was going on....

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 12:42:24 PM

Thanks Jonathan, that did the trick.

Out of interest, is there somewhere where one can find the history of
different Messenger versions showing which features are available and which
bugs were fixed?

Martyn

> Greetings,
>
> To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from
> here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "MartynB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> After installing SP2, messenger was automatically upgraded (downgraded??)
>> to version 4.7, but the ability to see how many Hotmail messages and to
>> receive an Alert when a new mail arrives has disappeared.
>>
>> I downloaded version 5.0 (which I assume to be later than 4.7) together
>> with the MSN Add-in (msnaddin.exe) from
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73... ,
>> but when executing the Add-in I get a message which says:- "You do not
>> have the latest version of Messenger. Please install the latest version
>> from http://messenger.microsoft.com" . I wish I knew what was going
>> on....

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 3:15:10 PM

Hi Martyn,

Unfortunately there is no such history at this point. Someone (read as myself) should really
make one at some point...

!