conquets editor

I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
because in order to do so, I need to click OK
at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
because it is not visible. I tried changing the
monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.

On 21 Nov 2004 20:59:44 -0800, bjornsonkevin@hotmail.com (Kevin
Bjornson) wrote:

>I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
>using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
>because in order to do so, I need to click OK
>at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
>because it is not visible. I tried changing the
>monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.

You need to change your display resolution. I am not sure what the
best setting is but go to "Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced" .
The move the slider to a higher resolution. That will shrink the
screen contents.

"P12" <nowhere@all.com> wrote in message
> On 21 Nov 2004 20:59:44 -0800, bjornsonkevin@hotmail.com (Kevin
> Bjornson) wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
> >using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
> >because in order to do so, I need to click OK
> >at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
> >because it is not visible. I tried changing the
> >monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.
>
> You need to change your display resolution. I am not sure what the
> best setting is but go to "Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced" .
> The move the slider to a higher resolution. That will shrink the
> screen contents.

One other thing you can do is to temporarily hide the task bar. It will
allow you to see enough of the buttons to know which button is which and to
effectily click on them. My monitor can't handle any larger settings so
this is what I have to do

"Kevin Bjornson" <bjornsonkevin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
> using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
> because in order to do so, I need to click OK
> at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
> because it is not visible. I tried changing the
> monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.

I drag the settings window up off the screen so the tops of the buttons are
available. Dunno if everyone can drag a window off the screen though.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:46:37 GMT, "The Stare"
<wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

>"Kevin Bjornson" <bjornsonkevin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
>> using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
>> because in order to do so, I need to click OK
>> at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
>> because it is not visible. I tried changing the
>> monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.
>
>I drag the settings window up off the screen so the tops of the buttons are
>available. Dunno if everyone can drag a window off the screen though.

You can drag a window of the screen which is not maximized. The
problem is most windows you grab from the top to drag them. If you
know of another place to grab the window that might help.

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:46:37 GMT, "The Stare"
> <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:
>

>>"Kevin Bjornson" <bjornsonkevin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to create a scenario in Conquests,
>>> using the editor. I can't add more settlers,
>>> because in order to do so, I need to click OK
>>> at the bottom. But, I can't reach the bottom,
>>> because it is not visible. I tried changing the
>>> monitor settings, but the bottom is still cut off.
>>
>>I drag the settings window up off the screen so the tops of the buttons
>>are
>>available. Dunno if everyone can drag a window off the screen though.
>
> You can drag a window of the screen which is not maximized. The
> problem is most windows you grab from the top to drag them. If you
> know of another place to grab the window that might help.

I had to do that alot when working on TAM. I grabbed the bottom of the edit
rules display title bar and moved it up off the screen until the tops of the
buttons were visible. This was the first thing i did whenever i opened the
edit rules display. The bottom of the edit rules title bar and the top of
the buttons are then visible. This on a 1024 x 768 display without hiding
the taskbar.