Messenger service

I use messenger and have many good friends who all get the notification when
I am on line. I sign in to hotmail from work and home both and don't always
have time nor the ability to chat with these fine people. My question, is
besides selecting the oiption of not allowing people to see my online status;
is there a way for me to set it up so that when I first sign into hotmail (or
go on-line) to receive my e-mail that my status will remain off-line until I
am ready, have time and am able to be sociable?
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger service

    Greetings Danno,

    Not in the current version (a recent leak of the next version of MSN Messenger actually
    showed this functionality). For now, you can find third-party patches and tools which will
    allow you to login as offline, you can find these on http://www.mess.be, look in their
    download section (more specifically the 'MSN Messenger Addons, Bots, Tools & Tweaks '
    section) for 'JnrzLoader', 'Nega Patch' and others. Keep in mind that these are unsupported
    and may cause some odd behavior.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use messenger and have many good friends who all get the notification when
    > I am on line. I sign in to hotmail from work and home both and don't always
    > have time nor the ability to chat with these fine people. My question, is
    > besides selecting the oiption of not allowing people to see my online status;
    > is there a way for me to set it up so that when I first sign into hotmail (or
    > go on-line) to receive my e-mail that my status will remain off-line until I
    > am ready, have time and am able to be sociable?

Hotmail Messenger Microsoft Windows XP