C3C RAR Don't capture "Slave Trade" city

Buck

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I captured the city with the wonder of Slave Trade. Not thinking, I
did not destroy the city and kept it. Now all my cities are upset
that I have slave markets.

This is not good. :(

Buck
--
For what it's worth.

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:43:44 -0500 Buck <Buck@your.guess> wrote in message
<urv9q095kuv92iufuhh0opm0j8croe9bms@4ax.com>...

> I captured the city with the wonder of Slave Trade. Not thinking, I
> did not destroy the city and kept it. Now all my cities are upset
> that I have slave markets.
>
> This is not good. :(

You could give the city away to your least powerful rival.

> Buck

Daran

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll

Buck

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:34:00 +0000, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:43:44 -0500 Buck <Buck@your.guess> wrote in message
><urv9q095kuv92iufuhh0opm0j8croe9bms@4ax.com>...
>
>> I captured the city with the wonder of Slave Trade. Not thinking, I
>> did not destroy the city and kept it. Now all my cities are upset
>> that I have slave markets.
>>
>> This is not good. :(
>
>You could give the city away to your least powerful rival.
>
>> Buck
>> --

I am not sure I would want a potential enemy to have a city in the
middle of my country. That would be like giving Castro Salt Lake
City.

lol, good thought tho.

Buck
--
For what it's worth.

"Buck" <Buck@your.guess> wrote...

<< I am not sure I would want a potential enemy to have a city in the middle
of my country. >>

Great way to kick off a war.

Peter Smith

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:26:29 -0500 Buck <Buck@your.guess> wrote in message
<8muaq0l7rhgc6kmnp7kuqmc595tf84r18f@4ax.com>...

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:34:00 +0000, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net>
> wrote:

> >You could give the city away to your least powerful rival.
> >
> >> Buck
> >> --
>

> I am not sure I would want a potential enemy to have a city in the middle
> of my country. That would be like giving Castro Salt Lake City.

If you're willing to take the rep hit, you could abandon it. (AFAIK this
has the same rep effect as razing, as long as there are foreign citizens
there.)

> lol, good thought tho.

On occasion I've given a city to my wealthiest rival... Just before it got
hit by 30 barbarians from a massive uprising.

--
Daran

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:43:44 -0500, Buck <Buck@your.guess> wrote:

>I captured the city with the wonder of Slave Trade. Not thinking, I
>did not destroy the city and kept it. Now all my cities are upset
>that I have slave markets.
>
>This is not good. :(
>
>Buck

I don't think this was the case in DYP. I recall capturing the
wonders but I don't think it generated slave markets. When I played
RAR I was already close to getting the Emancipation Proclamation so I
didn't check.

In any case it isn't that big a deal since you can just build more
happiness stuff. You need to get rid of it before wonders start to
get effected by it though.

Andre

What is RAR?

Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message news:<5hcl72-kl1.ln1@wheresmeshirt.clara.net>...
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:26:29 -0500 Buck <Buck@your.guess> wrote in message
> <8muaq0l7rhgc6kmnp7kuqmc595tf84r18f@4ax.com>...
>
> > On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:34:00 +0000, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >You could give the city away to your least powerful rival.

> > I am not sure I would want a potential enemy to have a city in the middle
> > of my country. That would be like giving Castro Salt Lake City.
>
> If you're willing to take the rep hit, you could abandon it. (AFAIK this
> has the same rep effect as razing, as long as there are foreign citizens
> there.)
>
> > lol, good thought tho.
>
> On occasion I've given a city to my wealthiest rival... Just before it got
> hit by 30 barbarians from a massive uprising.
>
> > Buck

morgan

> What is RAR?

It is......

http://civ3.bernskov.com/RaR/about.asp
Rise and Rule is only released for the latest (and last) Civ3 expansion pack
Conquests

To download.....

http://civ3.bernskov.com/RaR/download.asp

To read a little more..........

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100144

I have found it to be good but quite bewildering at first, especially with
all the new techs to research and different buildings and units that you can
build. I would suggest that you spend a little time reading through some of
the forum posts to get a little more background of understanding the changes
that it makes to the game first.

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard drive problems...
www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk

On the 27 Nov 2004, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote:

<snip>

> On occasion I've given a city to my wealthiest rival... Just before it got
> hit by 30 barbarians from a massive uprising.

But... but... that's EVIL!

<makes a note for future reference>

;-)

--
Graham Thurlwell.
Jades' First Encounters Site.

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:03:38 +0000 (UTC) Graham Thurlwell <jades@jades.org>
wrote in message <776ba8174d.jades@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com>...

> On the 27 Nov 2004, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > On occasion I've given a city to my wealthiest rival... Just before it
> > got hit by 30 barbarians from a massive uprising.
>
> But... but... that's EVIL!
>
> <makes a note for future reference>
>
> ;-)

Then declare war on the other civ, who can't defend it because he's
thousands of miles away on a different continent. Then when negotiating for
peace, he's scared of me because I took one of his cities!

--

On the 5 Dec 2004, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:03:38 +0000 (UTC) Graham Thurlwell <jades@jades.org>
> wrote in message <776ba8174d.jades@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com>...
>
> > On the 27 Nov 2004, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > On occasion I've given a city to my wealthiest rival... Just before it
> > > got hit by 30 barbarians from a massive uprising.
> >
> > But... but... that's EVIL!
> >
> > <makes a note for future reference>
> >
> > ;-)
>
> Then declare war on the other civ, who can't defend it because he's
> thousands of miles away on a different continent. Then when negotiating for
> peace, he's scared of me because I took one of his cities!

Nice one!