windows messenger 4.7 lost features

Karen

Can anyone please help. Since installing service pack 2 I
can no longer access my hotmail account from windows
messenger nor can I view my contacts profiles or update my
own profile, what has happened? There isn't even an Add-
ons tab in the Tools section. Does anyone else have this
problem please?

Greetings Karen,

Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
now gone.

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay