windows messenger 4.7 lost features

October 10, 2004 4:48:48 PM

Can anyone please help. Since installing service pack 2 I
can no longer access my hotmail account from windows
messenger nor can I view my contacts profiles or update my
own profile, what has happened? There isn't even an Add-
ons tab in the Tools section. Does anyone else have this
problem please?
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 8:15:03 PM

Greetings Karen,

Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
now gone.

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
Jonathan Kay