A simple Messenger question

I'm tryng to start the messenger world, so i've registered my passport
account and i opened my MSM Messenger: in this type of programs the first
thing that a user could do it's a user search wtih key word.

But i've only found a search with name or with email ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

So my question it's very simple : which is the best way to find other people
on messenger ?

In netmeeting for example there were al lot of server where u can find a lot
of people !

But also in the official messenger web page i didn't find any search
function ?!?!?!??!

Thanks

regards

cusin
2 answers Last reply
More about simple messenger question

    Greetings,

    At present the only real way to "find users" is at the MSN Member Profiles:
    http://members.msn.com
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Boy_italia" <Boom@mio.com> wrote in message news:8Cgad.18153$b5.891848@news3.tin.it...
    > I'm tryng to start the messenger world, so i've registered my passport account and i opened
    > my MSM Messenger: in this type of programs the first thing that a user could do it's a user
    > search wtih key word.
    >
    > But i've only found a search with name or with email ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
    >
    > So my question it's very simple : which is the best way to find other people on messenger ?
    >
    > In netmeeting for example there were al lot of server where u can find a lot of people !
    >
    > But also in the official messenger web page i didn't find any search function ?!?!?!??!
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > regards
    >
    > cusin

    Well... Look... I'm also new in the Messenger community,
    but I'll try to guide you for getting started.
    Unfortunatelly, this program doesn't work with a chat
    room basis (although it had a link to chat rooms before)
    so you won't be able to invite people to chat in a random
    way - selecting them from a "always-changing" visible
    list.

    You have to build your own list of contact through your
    present-day friends or collegues who hold hotmail, msn or
    passport account... There is also the alternative to
    download the Trillan program (which combines several
    message softwares).

    Now, if you don't know the exact address of them... you
    can go to the search option titled "Search a contact" (or
    something like that... Sorry, I just have a spanish
    version of this program)... You have to click at "add a
    contact" button and then at "search a contact"... The
    program will open a new window where you can select:
    first name, last name and country.
    Then there is an option to search in your own Address
    Book or at Hotmail Member Directory...

    That way... It's the only way I know to build your list
    of contacts... I hope I've been helpful to you.
    Regards,

    Diego (from Argentina)

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP