RAR Bugs

Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I get
the following error message: -

"FILE NOT FOUND

'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'

Game will now end."

Also had a similar error for Churchill tanks, which I didn't note down, just
reinstalled RAR and started the current game. The above error kinda makes
the game unplayable. :-(

--
Cheers
Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway
(Site now back up and working)
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/
5 answers Last reply
More about bugs
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:56:28 -0800, "Roger T."
    <rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

    >Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I get
    >the following error message: -
    >
    >"FILE NOT FOUND
    >
    >'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'
    >
    >Game will now end."
    >

    >Also had a similar error for Churchill tanks, which I didn't note down, just
    >reinstalled RAR and started the current game. The above error kinda makes
    >the game unplayable. :-(

    Someone else here had a problem with the British Rifleman but they
    didn't write down the error. Do you know what version of RAR you
    have? I tried checking mine but I don't see where your program is
    getting that path from.

    I am certainly no expert at this stuff. But in mine I look in the
    file "C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization
    III\Conquests\Scenarios\RAR\Text\Pediaicons.txt".
    I do search for "PRTO_British_Rifleman" and that points to "Zulu War
    Rifleman". So I go into "C:\Program Files\Infogrames
    Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\RAR\Art\Units\Zulu
    War Rifleman" and the ini seems to point to all valid files.

    If yours is the same than I don't know what is wrong. If it isn't
    then perhaps you have a different version. Mine is "1.00.11" which is
    what they still have up on the site. Maybe isak will see your message
    and give a better answer.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "P12"

    >>Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I
    >>get
    >>the following error message: -
    >>
    >>"FILE NOT FOUND
    >>
    >>'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'
    >>
    >>Game will now end."

    The solution was to load an earlier version of RAR that contains all the
    missing units.

    Got info directly from one of the very helpful developers of RAR.

    --
    Cheers
    Roger T.

    Home of the Great Eastern Railway
    (Site now back up and working)
    http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Roger T." <rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote in message
    > Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I
    > get
    > the following error message: -
    >
    > "FILE NOT FOUND
    >
    > 'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'
    >
    > Game will now end."
    >

    > Also had a similar error for Churchill tanks, which I didn't note down,
    > just
    > reinstalled RAR and started the current game. The above error kinda makes
    > the game unplayable. :-(

    Either the pediaicons.txt entry is wrong or the ini file doesn't have the
    same name as the folder it is in.
    If you figure out which, you can fix it easy enough.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:56:28 -0800, "Roger T."
    <rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

    >Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I get
    >the following error message: -
    >
    >"FILE NOT FOUND
    >
    >'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'
    >
    >Game will now end."

    Hmm. I had the Apache Longbow/Longbow Apache bug, which I fixed, but
    I've played the British in RAR several times and never had your
    problem. Riflemen upgrade just fine. Churchills as well.

    Playing initial issue RAR. Is there an upgrade/patch? I haven't looked
    at their site in about 2 weeks.

    Steve
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Roger T. wrote:
    > Currently trying to upgrade British Riflemen to British Infantry when I get
    > the following error message: -
    >
    > "FILE NOT FOUND
    >
    > 'ART\UNITS\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\BRITISH RIFLEMAN\INI'
    >
    > Game will now end."
    >

    > Also had a similar error for Churchill tanks, which I didn't note down, just
    > reinstalled RAR and started the current game. The above error kinda makes
    > the game unplayable. :-(
    >

    > --
    > Cheers
    > Roger T.
    >
    > Home of the Great Eastern Railway
    > (Site now back up and working)
    > http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

    While I don't recall the specifics of how this is fixed, I do recall
    reading about the fix in the CivFinatics forum http://www.civfanatics.com/.

Games Bug Error Message Video Games