windows messenger

using XP SP2 and Office XP. Under Programs the windows
messenger is listed but I cannot activate it. It is
started in Services. When troubleshooting I noticed
msmsg.exe is missing under task manager Processes. How
can I re-install messenger?
As it is now cannot operate it, the net is working fine.
I D/L messenger 5.0 through help and support.
Can someone help

thank you

Greetings Lou,

"Messenger" in services is Messenger Service; not Windows Messenger. So, if you click the
Windows Messenger icon, nothing happens?

Assuming this, download and run these .reg files in the affected account:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"LouA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> using XP SP2 and Office XP. Under Programs the windows
> messenger is listed but I cannot activate it. It is
> started in Services. When troubleshooting I noticed
> msmsg.exe is missing under task manager Processes. How
> can I re-install messenger?
> As it is now cannot operate it, the net is working fine.
> I D/L messenger 5.0 through help and support.
> Can someone help
>
> thank you

Jonathan
Worked like a charm, exactly as you said. Thank you very
much for your help and have a great day
LouA

Jonathan Kay.

>"LouA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> using XP SP2 and Office XP. Under Programs the windows
>> messenger is listed but I cannot activate it. It is
>> started in Services. When troubleshooting I noticed
>> msmsg.exe is missing under task manager Processes. How
>> can I re-install messenger?
>> As it is now cannot operate it, the net is working
fine.
>> I D/L messenger 5.0 through help and support.
>> Can someone help
>>
>> thank you
>>

>.

Hi,

Glad to hear it =)

> Jonathan
> Worked like a charm, exactly as you said. Thank you very
> much for your help and have a great day
> LouA

TRENDING THREADS