XP2 installed and no voice or video call in Messenger

I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded
the XP Pro SP2.
When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem
resets itself. I turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive
them. My ISP says is a messenger issue, because only happens when messenger
wants to make the call or accept it.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program
6 answers Last reply
More about installed voice video call messenger

    Greetings,

    Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded the XP Pro SP2.
    > When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem resets itself. I
    > turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive them. My ISP says is a
    > messenger issue, because only happens when messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

    Windows Messenger
    Thanks

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >>I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I
    >>downloaded the XP Pro SP2.
    >> When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem
    >> resets itself. I turned off firewall and still can not make calls or
    >> receive them. My ISP says is a messenger issue, because only happens when
    >> messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

    Hi,

    Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    > Windows Messenger
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >>>I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded the XP Pro
    >>>SP2.
    >>> When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem resets itself. I
    >>> turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive them. My ISP says is a
    >>> messenger issue, because only happens when messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>> PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

    Thanks, no luck. I still can not make video or vocie calls

    > Hi,
    >
    > Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows Messenger
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    >>> Greetings,
    >>>
    >>> Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
    >>> Jonathan Kay
    >>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    >>> Associate Expert
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    >>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    >>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    >>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    >>>
    >>> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message

    It sounds like a port issue. I am researching these issues and will post an
    update once I am finished.

    Bob
    > Thanks, no luck. I still can not make video or vocie calls
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:

    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    > > Jonathan Kay
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > > Associate Expert
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    > >
    > > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > >> Windows Messenger
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message

    Messenger?

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    This sounds bad...but I decided to kill of the SP2 firewall.

    Bob
    "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
    > It sounds like a port issue. I am researching these issues and will post
    an
    > update once I am finished.
    >
    > Bob
    > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks, no luck. I still can not make video or vocie calls
    > >
    > > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:

    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    > > > ____________________________________________
    > > > Jonathan Kay
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > > > Associate Expert
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > > > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    > > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    > > >
    > > > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message

    > Messenger?

    > calls
    > happens

Messenger Internet Service Providers Video Windows XP