How do I reset hotmail as the default e-mail

How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
greatly appreciated here. Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about reset hotmail default mail

    Greetings Dustin,

    Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    now gone.

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    > click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    > used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
    > pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

    Thanks, Jonathan! This worked very well to give me lost functionality, and
    it makes it super easy for me to check my Hotmail account.

    Ken

    > Greetings Dustin,
    >
    > Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so
    > this feature is
    > now gone.
    >
    > To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from
    > here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >
    > You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    >> click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    >> used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
    >> pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    >> greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

    Hi Ken,

    Glad to hear it =)
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Ken J" <ken@nospam.org> wrote in message news:uk1bcKRsEHA.3564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks, Jonathan! This worked very well to give me lost functionality, and it makes it
    > super easy for me to check my Hotmail account.
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings Dustin,
    >>
    >> Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    >> now gone.
    >>
    >> To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >>
    >> You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    >>> click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    >>> used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
    >>> pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    >>> greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

    Thank you! That worked wonderfully for me. I got so
    used to having that feature that I was lost without it.
    I hope that that functionality comes back in future xp
    upgrades. Thanks again.

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    >> click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    >> used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new
    service
    >> pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    >> greatly appreciated here. Thanks.
    >

    >.

    Hi,

    You're very welcome =)
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Thank you! That worked wonderfully for me. I got so
    > used to having that feature that I was lost without it.
    > I hope that that functionality comes back in future xp
    > upgrades. Thanks again.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Wonderful!! Worked like a dream! I just posted this question again
    (Subject: How to change Windows Messenger E-mail inbox back to Hotmail?
    11/13/2004 11:38 AM PST) because I hadn't seen that it had been posted and
    Jonathan had answered it, and then I searched, just to check, and found it
    already posted and answered. Thanks Jonathan. Big help.

    By: newbie

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Dustin,
    >
    > Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    > now gone.
    >
    > To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >
    > You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    > > click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    > > used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
    > > pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    > > greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Hi,

    Glad to be of assistance =)
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Wonderful!! Worked like a dream! I just posted this question again
    > (Subject: How to change Windows Messenger E-mail inbox back to Hotmail?
    > 11/13/2004 11:38 AM PST) because I hadn't seen that it had been posted and
    > Jonathan had answered it, and then I searched, just to check, and found it
    > already posted and answered. Thanks Jonathan. Big help.
    >
    > By: newbie
    >

    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings Dustin,
    >>
    >> Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    >> now gone.
    >>
    >> To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >>
    >> You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How can I get Hotmail reset as my default e-mail when I
    >> > click on "my e-mail inbox" from the messenger tab? It
    >> > used to take me to Hotmail, after getting the new service
    >> > pack it takes me to outlook express. Any help would be
    >> > greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

Default Hotmail Messenger Email Windows XP