Quick Graphic card choice

If you barely ever played PC games, would you know the difference between the Gf4 ti4600 and the 9700 pro? is it really THAT much of a change?

Is THG Slightly Slacking??
11 answers Last reply
More about quick graphic card choice
  1. yes there is a big big defference, go see toms benchmarks, u have in some games 2 times defference(ati faster 2x than the g4), and ul get better image quality, and better colors(10bit), and 8x agp for future motherboards if u don't have one, but to me, wait for the geforce fx, its gona be big, and the ati will go down in price
  2. yes, that's about what i was thinking....

what is a decent card.. Not a piece of sh!t but something decent that will run everything decently now but cheap in $$ to use just for now... untill the FX comes out.

ti4200? one of those?

3. so go for a rodeon 9500, verry good perfornmance and price, but for an lower price i suggest u go for a radeon 8500le, or 9100, its the same but with defferent name.
  4. yeah if we're talking short term i'd say radeon 8500 64mb (not LE), it's less than $100 USD, if you can find one (a lot of them are only AIW or LE's these days, i've noticed. AIW is a lot more expensive, and LEs are cheaper and crap, go for regular).

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>
  5. TI4200 will be a good card for a while, and Waiting for the geforceFX is like waiting for a watched pot to boil.
  6. yeah i have mad my decision, Leadtek 128mb Geforce 4 ti4200..w DVI

for $180 @ newegg.. im gonna use this for awhile till either the Geforce FX comes down way in price or till they release even another card after that.. cause like i said i don't really play to many games where i need superior GRAPHICS @ this time... i thought medal of honor on my bro geforce2mmx was amazing.. so this will knock the socks off me!

7. That's the card I'm running and it's great. Not really a Big Performer but good enough for everything I do.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>
  8. Well what else do you do on your comp? If its just mp3s and microsoft office, then you won't notice the difference btwn a geforce 1 and a 9700.
  9. that's your decision?? i hope you're going to return it when you're done (illegal though it may be) because it's a waste of ~$100 if you're replacing it soon
    you will see almost no (i'd say none at all) difference between a radeon 8500 64mb and a gf4 ti 4200 (esp the 128mb version?), and you're paying so much more for the gf4 !!!

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>
  10. People talk about hard core gamers looking for rediculously high frame rates, like 400FPS in Quake III, that's BS though. I'm a CASUAL gamer, but I like a NICELY DETAILED, HIGH RESOLUTION picture! So having the best video card is even nice for casual gamers, when that casual gamer is a quality freak.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  11. Im gonna be using the ti4200 till the next card gets release AFTER the FX card... so the Gf6 is when i'll think about upgrading again

im a casual gammer, maybe 2 - 3 times a week i'll gett a few hours to play.. but when i play i want some decent quality.

i think its good... also the software bundle is nice

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics