Help - How do I remove the user names from the log-in

Bunch of kids came to our home and logged on to MSN Messenger.
Now we have several e-mail addresses on the log-in list.
Is there any easy way to remove all of them? Please help. Thanks.

Greetings Okie,

To remove these names, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click
User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of
the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that
opens, you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
(Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
screenshots on this procedure, see here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bunch of kids came to our home and logged on to MSN Messenger.
> Now we have several e-mail addresses on the log-in list.
> Is there any easy way to remove all of them? Please help. Thanks.

I have the opposite problem, how do you place the e-mail addresses into the
book? Thank you!

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Okie,
>
> To remove these names, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click
> User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of
> the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that
> opens, you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
> (Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
> screenshots on this procedure, see here:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>

> "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Bunch of kids came to our home and logged on to MSN Messenger.
> > Now we have several e-mail addresses on the log-in list.
> > Is there any easy way to remove all of them? Please help. Thanks.

I have the Windows XP Pro with the SP2 running.

As I tried to follow through your advice, I see in User Accounts have only
two users,
myself as the 'administrator' and the 'guest' user. I don't find any users
of
Windows Messenger (and MSN Messenger 6.2) users here, so that I can remove
them.
I only see them at the Messenger Log-In entry box.
How do I remove them from the Messenger entry list? Do I need to remove
the .NET
or do I need to look through the Windows Registry?

> Greetings Okie,
>
> To remove these names, click the Start Button, then click the Control
> Panel. Then, click
> User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on
> the left side of
> the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In
> the window that
> opens, you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to
> delete [denoted by
> (Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed
> instructions and
> screenshots on this procedure, see here:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>

> "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Bunch of kids came to our home and logged on to MSN Messenger.
>> Now we have several e-mail addresses on the log-in list.
>> Is there any easy way to remove all of them? Please help. Thanks.

You missed one more step. Once at your user account; click on the your user
name. Now look up at the left of the display and under Related tasks, click
on Manage My Network Passwords. Repeat on the guest if it has been activated
and do same.