messenger 6.2 and 5.0 simultaneously

Hi,

we use Live communication server for internal communication with Messenger
5.0.
We would like users to communicate with friends and other outside world,
too. So how to do it?
Can they use Messenger 6.2 at the sime time, I mean both messengers at the
same time.
I tried to install 6.2 after 5.0 but the installation wants to remove
Messenger 5.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mitja
3 answers Last reply
More about messenger simultaneously

    Greetings,

    They can use both at the same time if they're using Windows XP. If you're using a previous
    version of Windows however, you cannot.

    Windows Messenger 5 however, lets you connect to both a SIP-based Communications Service and
    the outside .NET Messenger network, simply click the Tools menu within Windows Messenger,
    then Accounts tab.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "mitja decman" <mitja.decman@vus.uni-lj.si> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > we use Live communication server for internal communication with Messenger
    > 5.0.
    > We would like users to communicate with friends and other outside world,
    > too. So how to do it?
    > Can they use Messenger 6.2 at the sime time, I mean both messengers at the
    > same time.
    > I tried to install 6.2 after 5.0 but the installation wants to remove
    > Messenger 5.0.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mitja

    Thanks a lot for the info. In accounts tab I checked .NET and filled in the
    settings. Now I can sign in choosing the account. So in Windows XP I can
    install and use both and be signed in bot way simultaniously. I do have
    win2000 now, but I will change that.
    Thanks again.

    Sincerely
    Mitja

    > Greetings,
    >
    > They can use both at the same time if they're using Windows XP. If you're
    using a previous
    > version of Windows however, you cannot.
    >
    > Windows Messenger 5 however, lets you connect to both a SIP-based
    Communications Service and
    > the outside .NET Messenger network, simply click the Tools menu within
    Windows Messenger,
    > then Accounts tab.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "mitja decman" <mitja.decman@vus.uni-lj.si> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > we use Live communication server for internal communication with
    Messenger
    > > 5.0.
    > > We would like users to communicate with friends and other outside world,
    > > too. So how to do it?
    > > Can they use Messenger 6.2 at the sime time, I mean both messengers at
    the
    > > same time.
    > > I tried to install 6.2 after 5.0 but the installation wants to remove
    > > Messenger 5.0.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Mitja

    Hi,

    You're very welcome =)

    > Thanks a lot for the info. In accounts tab I checked .NET and filled in the
    > settings. Now I can sign in choosing the account. So in Windows XP I can
    > install and use both and be signed in bot way simultaniously. I do have
    > win2000 now, but I will change that.
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Sincerely
    > Mitja
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> They can use both at the same time if they're using Windows XP. If you're
    > using a previous
    >> version of Windows however, you cannot.
    >>
    >> Windows Messenger 5 however, lets you connect to both a SIP-based
    > Communications Service and
    >> the outside .NET Messenger network, simply click the Tools menu within
    > Windows Messenger,
    >> then Accounts tab.
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "mitja decman" <mitja.decman@vus.uni-lj.si> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > we use Live communication server for internal communication with
    > Messenger
    >> > 5.0.
    >> > We would like users to communicate with friends and other outside world,
    >> > too. So how to do it?
    >> > Can they use Messenger 6.2 at the sime time, I mean both messengers at
    > the
    >> > same time.
    >> > I tried to install 6.2 after 5.0 but the installation wants to remove
    >> > Messenger 5.0.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Mitja