Windows messenger 4.7

I have a problem with the messenger 4.7.
It start working as soon as I am connected to the Internet
without displaying the messenger icon in the tray. I have
no notification of being online and no option to control
my status. And of course I can't delete it and use only
the MSN messenger.
What is the problem and how can I solve it.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger

    Greetings Tal,

    Do you have Norton Antivirus installed? Recent versions of Norton Antivirus added a new
    "instant messaging scanning" feature, which can conflict with Messenger and cause this
    behavior. To stop it, open Norton Antivirus (Right-click on the Norton Antivirus icon in the
    System Tray/Notification Area (by the clock), choose 'Open Norton Antivirus'), click Options,
    then Instant Messenger then uncheck MSN Instant Messenger and click OK.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Tal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with the messenger 4.7.
    > It start working as soon as I am connected to the Internet
    > without displaying the messenger icon in the tray. I have
    > no notification of being online and no option to control
    > my status. And of course I can't delete it and use only
    > the MSN messenger.
    > What is the problem and how can I solve it.

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP