Windows Messneger

what is the latest version of Windows Messenger? and can you download the
latest version of Windows Messenger without the SP2?
If so where?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messneger

    Well because microsoft created 2 messenger service its best to use the most
    update one which is MSN Messenger 6.2 ... Any ways 4.7 is the latest windows
    messenger but if you are going to use that one its always going to pop up an
    window to update to the newest messenger service which again is MSN
    messenger 6.2... And yes you don't need to have SP2 install for 6.2
    messenger to work , you can find it here .>> www.msn.com

    "Chris S" <this_is-fake@plus.net> wrote in message
    > what is the latest version of Windows Messenger? and can you download the
    > latest version of Windows Messenger without the SP2?
    > If so where?

    Hi again i should of said Windows messenger 5.0 is the latest , you can find
    it here
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1&DisplayLang=en

    And the latest MSN Messenger is 6.2

    "Chris S" <this_is-fake@plus.net> wrote in message
    > what is the latest version of Windows Messenger? and can you download the
    > latest version of Windows Messenger without the SP2?
    > If so where?

    Greeting Chris,

    There's actual several "latest" versions of Windows Messenger.

    The latest downloadable version of Windows Messenger 4.7 (which has Add-Ins, SIP-based
    communications service):
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    and the Add-in:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    There's also Windows Messenger 5 (which is considered different from 4.x) which does not have
    Add-ins (so no Hotmail, MSN Mobile, MSN Profiles, etc. support):
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Chris S" <this_is-fake@plus.net> wrote in message
    > what is the latest version of Windows Messenger? and can you download the
    > latest version of Windows Messenger without the SP2?
    > If so where?

Download Messenger Microsoft Windows XP