Is this trade worth it??

Last response: in Network Providers
June 29, 2005 7:20:17 AM

I am going to trade a i90c in decent shape and $30 for a i305. Is this
trade worth it? I have a i830 and I am looking for a phone that is a
bit tougher than the 830, and the 305 seems to fit the
bill...especially considering the milspec qualities of the phone.

What mods can be made to the 305?

More about : trade worth

June 29, 2005 10:34:22 AM

I have an i305 work phone. Not many Modz can be done with it but it is very
durable and a little bulky. Just know your sim in the i90 isn't compatible
with the i305. the phone will work but the phonebook will not.
"NeonHomer" <neonhomerWHEELS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am going to trade a i90c in decent shape and $30 for a i305. Is this
> trade worth it? I have a i830 and I am looking for a phone that is a
> bit tougher than the 830, and the 305 seems to fit the
> bill...especially considering the milspec qualities of the phone.
>
> What mods can be made to the 305?

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 4:01:14 PM

that is incorrect, the sim from the i90 will work fine in the 305. the
only difference on that phone is you will only have 250 contacts
instead of 600, but you said you have an i830 so you most likely
already have a newer sim.

--
1badss
June 29, 2005 9:08:52 PM

In message <isudnRzhzP6o5F_fRVn-jA@rcn.net> "Justin"
<justinandsteph@rcn.com> wrote:

>I have an i305 work phone. Not many Modz can be done with it but it is very
>durable and a little bulky. Just know your sim in the i90 isn't compatible
>with the i305. the phone will work but the phonebook will not.

Actually the i305 should be able to use the i90's phonebook, but only
the i90-compatible features (short names, no per-contact ringtones, etc)
will work.

--
"I think women and sea men don't mix"
-- Smithers, Simpsons

Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
problems.

--
50x
July 4, 2005 12:56:46 PM

I have tried it both ways, you can't save names in the phonebook.
"50x" <50x.1rmqb5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
> Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
> Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
> But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
> problems.
>

> --
> 50x

July 4, 2005 12:59:17 PM

Ok, here's proof! go to this website and check the compatibility both ways.
It will say the sim card is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL!
http://nextel.com/en/support/guides/phones/sim_card.sht...

"50x" <50x.1rmqb5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
> Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
> Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
> But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
> problems.
>

> --
> 50x

July 4, 2005 7:33:08 PM

Okay people, I thank you for the replies, but I want to clarify
something. I just asked if the swap was worth it, for giving my i90
and $30.....

I dont think I said anything about using my i90 sim in a 305. I have a
i830 w/ the 64k sim. The sim WILL work in the 90, or any 2 digit
Condor phone. The phonebook will not work, but Carrier & Depot will
read the phonebook from the phone (a 64k sim in a i90)

The reason I was wanting to trade off the 90 for a 305 or the like,
was because I want to be able to use my phone book, w/o having to load
it into my computer first!

However, I have since decided against the trade, as this phone is
missing the battery door, and is pretty beat up.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:00:37 -0500, 50x
<50x.1rmqb5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
>Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
>Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
>But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
>problems.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:20:22 PM

NeonHomer Wrote:
> Okay people, I thank you for the replies, but I want to clarify
> something. I just asked if the swap was worth it, for giving my i90
> and $30.....
>
> I dont think I said anything about using my i90 sim in a 305. I have a
> i830 w/ the 64k sim. The sim WILL work in the 90, or any 2 digit
> Condor phone. The phonebook will not work, but Carrier & Depot will
> read the phonebook from the phone (a 64k sim in a i90)
>
> The reason I was wanting to trade off the 90 for a 305 or the like,
> was because I want to be able to use my phone book, w/o having to load
> it into my computer first!
>
> However, I have since decided against the trade, as this phone is
> missing the battery door, and is pretty beat up.
>

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:00:37 -0500, 50x
> <50x.1rmqb5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>

> >Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
> >Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
> >Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
> >But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
> >problems.
to answer your question, it depends on what you are looking for in a
phone, if you need a phone that is very durable then it is a good deal
but personally I only use flip phones and I think that the i90 was one
of the best phones nextel has released so far, I loved my for the two
years I had it.

--
1badss
July 5, 2005 7:31:49 AM

I like my 90 too... I've had it for about 2 years as well, and i
bought it used... It gets better signal than my 830 ever does... The
only reason I am looking for a falcon phone is that I want something
to read my SIM properly.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:20:22 -0500, 1badss
<1badss.1ro50f@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>NeonHomer Wrote:
>> Okay people, I thank you for the replies, but I want to clarify
>> something. I just asked if the swap was worth it, for giving my i90
>> and $30.....
>>
>> I dont think I said anything about using my i90 sim in a 305. I have a
>> i830 w/ the 64k sim. The sim WILL work in the 90, or any 2 digit
>> Condor phone. The phonebook will not work, but Carrier & Depot will
>> read the phonebook from the phone (a 64k sim in a i90)
>>
>> The reason I was wanting to trade off the 90 for a 305 or the like,
>> was because I want to be able to use my phone book, w/o having to load
>> it into my computer first!
>>
>> However, I have since decided against the trade, as this phone is
>> missing the battery door, and is pretty beat up.
>>

>> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:00:37 -0500, 50x
>> <50x.1rmqb5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>>

>> >Yes. The i90 sim will work with the i305 as said above.
>> >Get your facts right Justin before you give people wrong information.
>> >Have you even tried it? I know I have and it works 100%.
>> >But when you put a i830 sim in a i90 thats when you start having
>> >problems.
>to answer your question, it depends on what you are looking for in a
>phone, if you need a phone that is very durable then it is a good deal
>but personally I only use flip phones and I think that the i90 was one
>of the best phones nextel has released so far, I loved my for the two
>years I had it.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 7:17:13 AM

In message <UqWdnflJHckX51XfRVn-og@rcn.net> "Justin"
<justinandsteph@rcn.com> wrote:

>either way the phonebook won't work AT ALL. a 32k sim won't work with a
>Falcon phone (i305) and a 64k sim won't work with a Condor phone (i90)

Yes it will. I have two Falcon phones and a number of Condor phones
here. My i55sr cannot use 64K SIMs at all, but all my other Condor
class phones can handle the 64K SIMs just fine (with the exception of
the phonebook)

The Falcon class phones can use 100% of my SIM cards to the fullest
functionality of the SIM.

--
Q. How many Microsoft technicians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. Three. Two to hold the ladder and one to hammer the bulb into a faucet.