Setting up Windows Messenger for Internal Corp use

To anyone who can assist,

I would like to use Windows messanger as my internal IM platform but I can't
find any info on how to deploy or configure its usage on my network. I'm
currently running Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 SP1, and all desktops are XP
SP1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
1 answer Last reply
More about setting windows messenger internal corp

    Greetings Rob,

    Unfortunately in order to use Windows Messenger in this manner, you will need to get Live
    Communications Server:
    http://office.microsoft.com/livecomm

    or obtain Exchange 2000 for it's built-in IM Server.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > To anyone who can assist,
    >
    > I would like to use Windows messanger as my internal IM platform but I can't
    > find any info on how to deploy or configure its usage on my network. I'm
    > currently running Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 SP1, and all desktops are XP
    > SP1.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

Windows Server 2003 Messenger Windows XP