Where'd my space ship go?

I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
Now I can't even look at it.
Where'd it go?
I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?

Xeno

"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
> Now I can't even look at it.
> Where'd it go?
> I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?

Did the time limit pass? After 2050 AD or any other win/loss, you can't
launch the Spaceship. If you can build it before the time limit, it will
come back to the parts screen when you build the last part and the launch
button will be glowing, click it and instantly win/end the game.

If you want to milk the game and have it launch at the last possible moment,
save a small piece that only takes 2 turns to build and start building it in
2048 and it will finish in 2050 and allow you to launch after all of your
city notices have cycled through.

-Rob

> Xeno

"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in

> I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
> Now I can't even look at it.
> Where'd it go?

If you can't see the ship, then the game has already been won.

> I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?

You don't get to push the launch button, it happens automatically.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

On 28 Dec 2004 15:04:13 GMT, "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster"
<thekeeper@canada.com> wrote:

>"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in
>
>> I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
>> Now I can't even look at it.
>> Where'd it go?
>
> If you can't see the ship, then the game has already been won.
>
>> I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?
>
> You don't get to push the launch button, it happens automatically.

Right. When the last part is built, the ship is automatically
launched. The ship launch video plays, and you go through the "win
the game" scenes.

If you've already won the game by other means, and are "playing a
few more turns," you don't get those "win the game" scenes, including
the video.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:12:24 GMT, Xeno Chauvin <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote:
> I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
> Now I can't even look at it.
> Where'd it go?
> I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?

Are you at war? Was the city with your palace just destroyed?

"Jeffery S. Jones" <jeffsj@execpc.com> wrote in message
> On 28 Dec 2004 15:04:13 GMT, "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster"
> <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote:
>

>> You don't get to push the launch button, it happens automatically.
>
> Right. When the last part is built, the ship is automatically
> launched. The ship launch video plays, and you go through the "win
> the game" scenes.
>
> If you've already won the game by other means, and are "playing a
> few more turns," you don't get those "win the game" scenes, including
> the video.

In PTW (Gold Edition) you do have to push the launch button. It is the only
way to get off the parts screen and finish the game.

-Rob
(who has manually launched the spaceship to win the last five games I've
palyed.)

"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in news:YW5Ad.12656$wD4.8131
@fe1.texas.rr.com:

> I was building a spaceship with only one more part to complete
> Now I can't even look at it.
> Where'd it go?
> I was waiting to push the "launch" button....I'm crushed?
>
> Xeno

I have had this happen to me in Conquests where Spaceship launch screen does
not come up at all even when all the components are built. I think it is bug.
It does not happen all the time though.

data64

"Rob Maxwell" <robu-san@excite.com> wrote in message
> Did the time limit pass? After 2050 AD or any other win/loss, you can't
> launch the Spaceship.

That's it.
Thanks

> "Rob Maxwell" <robu-san@excite.com> wrote in message
>> Did the time limit pass? After 2050 AD or any other win/loss, you can't
>> launch the Spaceship.
>
> That's it.
> Thanks
> Xeno

No problem. That got me, too. I just missed finishing my first Spaceship,
and decided to play just a few more to complete it, too. :/

-Rob