  • MSN
  • Connection
  • Windows XP
October 15, 2004 7:48:51 PM

I can connect with others pc this way, but there is a specific pc that give
me the following message:

"Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote
host name could not be resolved. Please try again"

Both pc are runinng XP PRO with the firewall off,

What is wrong?

TIA

More about : remote assistance msn

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 7:48:52 PM

If the other PC has a router, or any other sort of
firewall, a connection won't be possible. This isn't your
fault, you'll need to talk to your friend and find out if
he has a router of some sort.

If it turns out he does have a router, he would need to
enable uPnP and open 3389 on it.

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:03:27 PM

Hi, not the other pc have not router at all, is using a verizon DSL modem to
connect to Internet, the norton firewall is disable in both pc.

Thanks

--

!