Remote assistance with MSN

I can connect with others pc this way, but there is a specific pc that give
me the following message:

"Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote
host name could not be resolved. Please try again"

Both pc are runinng XP PRO with the firewall off,

What is wrong?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    If the other PC has a router, or any other sort of
    firewall, a connection won't be possible. This isn't your
    fault, you'll need to talk to your friend and find out if
    he has a router of some sort.

    If it turns out he does have a router, he would need to
    enable uPnP and open 3389 on it.

    Hi, not the other pc have not router at all, is using a verizon DSL modem to
    connect to Internet, the norton firewall is disable in both pc.

    Thanks

    --

    "Segosa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If the other PC has a router, or any other sort of
    > firewall, a connection won't be possible. This isn't your
    > fault, you'll need to talk to your friend and find out if
    > he has a router of some sort.
    >
    > If it turns out he does have a router, he would need to
    > enable uPnP and open 3389 on it.

MSN Connection Windows XP