Can't run a7m266 at 266 fsb speed.

G

I'm having troubles with my A7m266/1.4 Athlon/Asus GF3 Ti 200/IBM 60 Gig. Windows will run stable when the fsb is at 100, but when I put it up to full speed, windows errors out. I have tried with win 98, but had no luck, throwing xp on actually has helped out a little in terms of actually getting into windows and trouble shooting, but I still can't get my 1.4 to run faster then 1.05. Any help would be great.

G

I have exactly the same problem. I recently updated my Asus A7m266 M'b to version 1005 and then I could not restart my winhXP OS. The Bluescreen error screen said that I may have an hardware problem and should try removing hardware, make sure that all bios caching/shadowing was disabled.. and some other stuff. I then set my FSB to 200MHz and I had no problems, it worked fine.
Also, I tryed this win98 also. I installed win98 at lower FSB and when it was installed I then set the FSB back to 266MHz, this gave me registry errors and all sorts of problems!

there is something wrong with this new 1005 upgrade. I suggest u download the older version (1004a) from the Asus web site...

This worked fine for me at 266FSB.. Goodluck.

I am also gonna copy this post to Asus also.

My specs are:

AMD athlon 1.2 GHz
A7M266 DDR M'b 256MB 2100 DDR Crucial Memory
Elsa geforce 3 (Gladia 920)
46.1 GB IBM HDD 7200rpm
Cmedia 8738 pci soundcard

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
OMG i thought i was the only one wiht this problem, i just returned my motherboard becuase every two weeks or so my registry would fail and i would lose everything on my HDD. But all they are doing is sending me another A7M266 if my motherboard is proven to be faulty but there is obviously alot of people with the problem

<b>What was that!</b> :eek: