--
Tzar Sasha
Member of the StarTrek Mod.
Visit our thread in the forums at www.civfanatics.com
2 answers Last reply
More about city challenge
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Tzar Sasha" <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Anybody got any tips on how to do a One City Challege game.
    > And what exactly are the rules. Must you have only one city. Can you
    > keep
    > captured cities and use settlers from goody huts? Or is it just whatever
    > rules you set for yourself at the begining?

    In the strictest sense, you must never have more than one city for any
    reason. I think most players relax it such that you may never end a turn
    with more than one city. That gives alot of flexibility.

    If you're in some competitive arena, you should check the rules with the
    other players.

    OCCs should ideally be played as peaceful games with 20k culture, SS, or
    diplomatic victory the goal.

    Don't forget the 5CC which allows the small wonders that require 5 of some
    prerequisite building.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message

    > "Tzar Sasha" <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > Anybody got any tips on how to do a One City Challege game.
    > > And what exactly are the rules. Must you have only one city. Can you
    > > keep
    > > captured cities and use settlers from goody huts? Or is it just
    whatever
    > > rules you set for yourself at the begining?
    >
    > In the strictest sense, you must never have more than one city for any
    > reason. I think most players relax it such that you may never end a turn
    > with more than one city. That gives alot of flexibility.

    I thought it was only supposed to be one city for the entire game.

    > If you're in some competitive arena, you should check the rules with the
    > other players.

    I'm not competiting or anything like that. Just wanted to try something
    different.

    > OCCs should ideally be played as peaceful games with 20k culture, SS, or
    > diplomatic victory the goal.

    That was my goal, but I was on an Island with the Celts who wanted to keep
    attacking me... And I kept loosing the wonder I was building to an unmet
    civ a few turns before I would finish. What's the best way to stay
    peaceful, while not trading the valuable techs leading to wonders? Should I
    choose more peaceful civs to be my enemies instead of random? BTW I used
    HOF Mapfinder to get a good start. Ivory, River and Coast with about half
    and half of plains and grasslands. I think part of my problem is that it's
    at Regent and I've not mastered it yet. However, Warlord seems easy....
    I do believe I could play the same map with several cities and do really
    well since there are several other resoures/luxuries within easy reach of
    the starting postion.
    Are well defended colonies with well defended roads an option for OCC or is
    that a waste of time?

    > Don't forget the 5CC which allows the small wonders that require 5 of some
    > prerequisite building.

    Now there's a thought. Only build 1 city and gain 4 more through various
    means for the 5CC....

Games Video Games