How many people play regularly on SID level?

On lower levels I have had all victory types though my my normal style is
low aggression/out tech, build
the competition.

On SID I ma finding myself competitive till Democracy and then they skip a
tech or two ahead and I never get back in

Any wisdom on running a better game or set up recipe...ie I mainly play
archipelago against expansionists

Cheers
EdenR

---

Eden R wrote:
> How many people play regularly on SID level?
>
> On lower levels I have had all victory types though my my normal style is
> low aggression/out tech, build
> the competition.
>
> On SID I ma finding myself competitive till Democracy and then they skip a
> tech or two ahead and I never get back in
>
> Any wisdom on running a better game or set up recipe...ie I mainly play
> archipelago against expansionists
>
> Cheers
> EdenR
>

> ---

I have never managed a low-aggression victory of any sort on SID level.
If anyone has succeeded in that, I would certainly love to hear about it.

"Doradus" <s_doradus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eden R wrote:
>> How many people play regularly on SID level?
>>
>> On lower levels I have had all victory types though my my normal style is
>> low aggression/out tech, build
>> the competition.
>>
>> On SID I ma finding myself competitive till Democracy and then they skip
>> a tech or two ahead and I never get back in
>>
>> Any wisdom on running a better game or set up recipe...ie I mainly play
>> archipelago against expansionists
>>
>> Cheers
>> EdenR
>>

> I have never managed a low-aggression victory of any sort on SID level. If
> anyone has succeeded in that, I would certainly love to hear about it.

Hi Doradus,

So by implication you have won on SID level following an aggressive military
path?
Was that on a normal world or tweaked?

Cheers
Eden

---

Eden R wrote:
> "Doradus" <s_doradus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Eden R wrote:
>>
>>>How many people play regularly on SID level?
>>>
>>>On lower levels I have had all victory types though my my normal style is
>>>low aggression/out tech, build
>>>the competition.
>>>
>>>On SID I ma finding myself competitive till Democracy and then they skip
>>>a tech or two ahead and I never get back in
>>>
>>>Any wisdom on running a better game or set up recipe...ie I mainly play
>>>archipelago against expansionists
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>EdenR
>>>

>>I have never managed a low-aggression victory of any sort on SID level. If
>>anyone has succeeded in that, I would certainly love to hear about it.
>

> Hi Doradus,
>
> So by implication you have won on SID level following an aggressive military
> path?
> Was that on a normal world or tweaked?
>
> Cheers
> Eden
>

> ---

Normal world, but I select my opponents - so I guess that makes it
"tweaked" from a purist standpoint. I minimize barbarian threat and
select many AIs for less militaristic tendencies, and turn off culture
and diplomacy victories. Slaughter the weak as quickly as possible
(before everyone's contacted everyone else). Make nice with the
scientifically advanced and play everyone off each other.
I usually catch up with all but 1 or 2 in technology by the advent of
the modern age. If I can keep nukes out of the picture, I can generally
win, but I have to get pretty cutthroat with treaties toward the end
(hence, the "Diplomacy victory OFF" option.
I still only win about 30% of the time, so I'm sure there are others
with better strategies.
-Doradus

> Eden R wrote:
>> "Doradus" <s_doradus@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>I have never managed a low-aggression victory of any sort on SID level.
>>>If anyone has succeeded in that, I would certainly love to hear about it.
>>

>> Hi Doradus,
>>
>> So by implication you have won on SID level following an aggressive
>> military path?
>> Was that on a normal world or tweaked?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Eden
>>

>> ---
> Normal world, but I select my opponents - so I guess that makes it
> "tweaked" from a purist standpoint. I minimize barbarian threat and
> select many AIs for less militaristic tendencies, and turn off culture and
> diplomacy victories. Slaughter the weak as quickly as possible (before
> everyone's contacted everyone else). Make nice with the scientifically
> advanced and play everyone off each other.
> I usually catch up with all but 1 or 2 in technology by the advent of the
> modern age. If I can keep nukes out of the picture, I can generally win,
> but I have to get pretty cutthroat with treaties toward the end (hence,
> the "Diplomacy victory OFF" option.
> I still only win about 30% of the time, so I'm sure there are others with
> better strategies.
> -Doradus

That sounds pretty good by any standard.

I do simlar tweaking but with the goal (never reached) of reaching UN before
anyone and getting
a diplomatic victory...oh well back to Civ :)

Cheers
Eden

---

TRENDING THREADS