Epox 8kha+ MoBo - Support PC2400 DDR? Help!!

TheFlamingCow

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2001
Can anyone tell me if the Epox 8kha+ MoBo will support PC2400 DDR Ram???
The problem is this - when I turn on the computer, it begins to power up, but nothing hits the monitor before it starts beeping. It's one semi-long beep ever second or two. According to the website, it's probably a memory problem. The bios LED says "C1" which my manual tells me is memory related. The manual says it supports PC1600 & PC2100 DDR Ram, but I've got PC2400 DDR Ram in there... is this the problem? It doesn't say it DOESN'T support the faster Ram...
*Sigh*

Can anyone help, please? I'm desperately trying to get this computer up & working today... please reply asap with any advice you can give. Thanks.

-- The Flaming Cow

Moo.

TheFlamingCow

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2001
Okay, It supports PC2400... I figured that out. I seated the Ram REALLY HARD, and it stopped the "C1" error test. Now it boots (LED reads "FF" which is good...), monitor goes blank (from "no signal"), but then nothing happens. I have no IDE devices installed, 1 Floppy... thought I'd just get straight into the Bios, or at least see the RAM Check...

What now???
Thanks...

-- The Flaming Cow

Moo.

TheFlamingCow

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2001
I'm having this problem now: I boot up, fans start, LED says "C0" briefly, then "C1" & stays there. I've tried 2 different memory sticks, I tried pushing them in there as hard as I could (although it was already in the case... I haven't removed the MoBo & tried it outside of the case. I'm afraid of breaking something if I push harder). I tried different slots for the RAM too. I tried 2 CPU's (1 I *know* is working), I pushed down hardish when I reseated them. I tried 2 different Vid Cards (one I know is working, and it's PCI).

So, is there anything else I can do?? Is my MoBo fried?

Thanks for your help,
The Flaming Cow

Moo.

TheFlamingCow

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2001
Er, I'm pretty sure I reset the Bios right...
I changed the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3, tried to power it on (which of course didn't work), then set it back to 1-2.

I figure I'll just RMA the bloody thing. Argh.

Thanks,
The Flaming Cow

Moo.

G

yo flaming cow i get the same error on my 8kha. i have no idea what the problem is. i swear after this is over i will hate the letter 'C' and the number '1' and that beep. ahh its gonna drive me insane!

and im using PC2100 ram
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by radixvir on 01/11/02 09:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>