windows messenger and outlook

October 16, 2004 12:57:03 PM

whenever i click 'my email inbox' in messenger it opens outlook express...i
dont want it to do that since i dont use outlook. it used to open my hotmail
inbox for me. what can i do to change this? thanks!
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 8:14:33 PM

Greetings,

Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins and causes this
behavior, so I just assume you've simply updated to SP2 recently?

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
Jonathan Kay