Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Annoying box

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
August 3, 2010 12:27:23 PM

Hey Guys - I have this annoying pop up box that appears every time the users site on my computer gets opened up . It's a "RUN DLL" box . it says that C;\PROGRA~2\MYWEBS~1\bar\3.bin\F3SCRCTR.DLL Can not be found . Well guess what ? I'm not looking for it ! Never was ! Could anybody give me a tip on how to get rid of this monster ? :fou: 

More about : annoying box

August 3, 2010 1:20:32 PM

Looks like you have some malware in your system. Try the steps in this GUIDE and see if it corrects your problem.
m
0
l
August 3, 2010 2:50:26 PM

obsolete99 said:
Looks like you have some malware in your system. Try the steps in this GUIDE and see if it corrects your problem.



Obsolete99 - First , thankyou for responding so quickly. secondly and most important I did forget to mention that I'm running windows7 . I went to the guide first step was to reboot . during startup repeatedly press the F8 button , it done nothing ! So I clicked onto the malware program link , when I got there It looks like that's for windows xp (32bit) not windows 7 (64bit) . any other suggestions ?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 3, 2010 3:56:26 PM

So F8 wasn't working? Does your keyboard have/require an "F Lock" key to press in order to use the F(unction) keys? Now looking at the programs, Combofix is probably the only one that won't run on x64. Malwarebytes and CCleaner should both work for your version of Windows.
m
0
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
August 3, 2010 4:03:23 PM

mako4 said:
Hey Guys - I have this annoying pop up box that appears every time the users site on my computer gets opened up . It's a "RUN DLL" box . it says that C;\PROGRA~2\MYWEBS~1\bar\3.bin\F3SCRCTR.DLL
Two things to check:

1) Find out what program the DLL belongs to. You could search the C: drive for "F3SCRCTR.DLL" to see what folder it's in - that might give you a clue.

2) Check the System and Application event logs for messages that occur at the time the dialogue box appears.
m
0
l
August 5, 2010 1:53:35 PM

obsolete99 said:
So F8 wasn't working? Does your keyboard have/require an "F Lock" key to press in order to use the F(unction) keys? Now looking at the programs, Combofix is probably the only one that won't run on x64. Malwarebytes and CCleaner should both work for your version of Windows.


obsolete99 - I did get the f8 trick to work I just hit It several more times when the computer was turning on a black screen appeared with white words so I chose "safe mode with networking" then all of a sudden my moniter looked as if I was in magnification mode and running windows xp . I coudn't find a way to link onto combofix, but I did get into malewarebytes and ccleaner , both of which are run of the mill shister programs which run like 10,000 items , tell you several hundred things wrong , 0 items fixed , to fix click on this button and that button should read "break out your wallet cause your going to pay" now my user site I can't even go on , nothing works on it but the arrow moves . That's It ! I can't even log off or switch users . I had to shut the computer down manually to get out of there . Now today mine is doing the same , I just was able to get into here and see if you could help me bring my computer back to life . Hell I'd be tickled pink If I could get back to xing out of that "run dll" every time I or somebody went on the users site . Can ya help me out???????????
'





m
0
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
August 5, 2010 2:46:21 PM

mako4 said:
obsolete99 - I did get the f8 trick to work I just hit It several more times when the computer was turning on a black screen appeared with white words so I chose "safe mode with networking" then all of a sudden my moniter looked as if I was in magnification mode and running windows xp . I coudn't find a way to link onto combofix, but I did get into malewarebytes and ccleaner , both of which are run of the mill shister programs which run like 10,000 items , tell you several hundred things wrong , 0 items fixed , to fix click on this button and that button should read "break out your wallet cause your going to pay" now my user site I can't even go on , nothing works on it but the arrow moves . That's It ! I can't even log off or switch users . I had to shut the computer down manually to get out of there . Now today mine is doing the same , I just was able to get into here and see if you could help me bring my computer back to life . Hell I'd be tickled pink If I could get back to xing out of that "run dll" every time I or somebody went on the users site . Can ya help me out???????????
'


Malwarebytes is a perfectly good free program to clean out spyware and such, not sure why you are bashing it. If it found a lot of issues, fix it using the program. I have never gotten a purchase request from running the free personal version of Malwarebytes.

If you have a few hundred things wrong after it did the scan, and you have all sorts of issue, you may be better off backing up your data and re-installing Windows.
m
0
l
August 5, 2010 5:57:23 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Malwarebytes is a perfectly good free program to clean out spyware and such, not sure why you are bashing it. If it found a lot of issues, fix it using the program. I have never gotten a purchase request from running the free personal version of Malwarebytes.

If you have a few hundred things wrong after it did the scan, and you have all sorts of issue, you may be better off backing up your data and re-installing Windows.


Please accept my apology for bashing malwarebytes so quickly . I need to slow down a bit and examine it more closely . I am a bit known for opening mouth , inserting foot in it . But please understand my level of frustration . I started out with the annoying pop up box and wind up with even more and worse problems . So I'll look a little deeper into the malwarebytes thing but so far I can't go into it without it ultimately winding up without it wanting me to purchase the program . But again accept my apologies and thankyou for responding and trying to help . the world needs more people such as yourself ...
m
0
l

Best solution

August 5, 2010 6:04:09 PM

Try the following program. Its one i personally have used for years and never had an infection:

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Once installed, run a FULL SCAN to allow it to search every nook and cranny of the system.
Share
a c 354 $ Windows 7
August 5, 2010 6:21:45 PM

mako4 said:
Please accept my apology for bashing malwarebytes so quickly . I need to slow down a bit and examine it more closely . I am a bit known for opening mouth , inserting foot in it . But please understand my level of frustration . I started out with the annoying pop up box and wind up with even more and worse problems . So I'll look a little deeper into the malwarebytes thing but so far I can't go into it without it ultimately winding up without it wanting me to purchase the program . But again accept my apologies and thankyou for responding and trying to help . the world needs more people such as yourself ...


Uninstall malwarebytes and downlad a new version from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, there is a button to download the Free version. You may have downloaded the other one.

There are also some viruses/spyware that mimic Malwarebytes, hopefully you did not download that one.

Ad-aware as lazyperson17 stated is also a good one to use. You may want to run a full scan with both, often one software will pick up what the other one missed.
m
0
l
August 6, 2010 12:03:01 PM

jefe323 said:
f3scrctr.dll is related to spyware, some sort of link grabber I think...

http://www.ehow.com/how_5999148_remove-f3scrctr_dll-64-...




jefe323 - thanks for replying . That looked exactly like what I needed and it is for a 64 bit system BUT that must be for xp I have 7 and when I hit the start menu there is no such thing as "RUN" . Know of anything just like that , only for windows 7 .....

















m
0
l
August 6, 2010 2:58:54 PM

to bring up the run box, just hit the "windows" key + "R"
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2010 4:28:43 PM

just open the command prompt (should be in accessories)

cmd = command prompt
m
0
l
August 6, 2010 7:33:22 PM

lazyperson17 said:
to bring up the run box, just hit the "windows" key + "R"



That almost worked but when I got near the end to where ya hit the keyboard enter key , a "reg svr32" box opens up saying among other things "to register a module you must provide a binary name". Any idea on what that is ?
m
0
l
August 6, 2010 7:46:35 PM

lazyperson17 said:
Try the following program. Its one i personally have used for years and never had an infection:

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Once installed, run a FULL SCAN to allow it to search every nook and cranny of the system.



THANKYOU!! This is by far looking like the best program going . I liked every thing about it , you weren't kidding about scanning every nook and cranny . Once I went to full scan It took 1 hour 10 minutes to complete . It didn't take that annoying box on my users site away BUT my computer seems to run a little better and I know I'll sleep a little better tonite knowing I have this program installed . THANKYOU AGAIN !!!
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 9:44:39 AM

Best answer selected by mako4.
m
0
l
!