Annoying box

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hey Guys - I have this annoying pop up box that appears every time the users site on my computer gets opened up . It's a "RUN DLL" box . it says that C;\PROGRA~2\MYWEBS~1\bar\3.bin\F3SCRCTR.DLL Can not be found . Well guess what ? I'm not looking for it ! Never was ! Could anybody give me a tip on how to get rid of this monster ? :fou:

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Obsolete99 - First , thankyou for responding so quickly. secondly and most important I did forget to mention that I'm running windows7 . I went to the guide first step was to reboot . during startup repeatedly press the F8 button , it done nothing ! So I clicked onto the malware program link , when I got there It looks like that's for windows xp (32bit) not windows 7 (64bit) . any other suggestions ?

Two things to check:

1) Find out what program the DLL belongs to. You could search the C: drive for "F3SCRCTR.DLL" to see what folder it's in - that might give you a clue.

2) Check the System and Application event logs for messages that occur at the time the dialogue box appears.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

obsolete99 - I did get the f8 trick to work I just hit It several more times when the computer was turning on a black screen appeared with white words so I chose "safe mode with networking" then all of a sudden my moniter looked as if I was in magnification mode and running windows xp . I coudn't find a way to link onto combofix, but I did get into malewarebytes and ccleaner , both of which are run of the mill shister programs which run like 10,000 items , tell you several hundred things wrong , 0 items fixed , to fix click on this button and that button should read "break out your wallet cause your going to pay" now my user site I can't even go on , nothing works on it but the arrow moves . That's It ! I can't even log off or switch users . I had to shut the computer down manually to get out of there . Now today mine is doing the same , I just was able to get into here and see if you could help me bring my computer back to life . Hell I'd be tickled pink If I could get back to xing out of that "run dll" every time I or somebody went on the users site . Can ya help me out???????????
'

Malwarebytes is a perfectly good free program to clean out spyware and such, not sure why you are bashing it. If it found a lot of issues, fix it using the program. I have never gotten a purchase request from running the free personal version of Malwarebytes.

If you have a few hundred things wrong after it did the scan, and you have all sorts of issue, you may be better off backing up your data and re-installing Windows.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Please accept my apology for bashing malwarebytes so quickly . I need to slow down a bit and examine it more closely . I am a bit known for opening mouth , inserting foot in it . But please understand my level of frustration . I started out with the annoying pop up box and wind up with even more and worse problems . So I'll look a little deeper into the malwarebytes thing but so far I can't go into it without it ultimately winding up without it wanting me to purchase the program . But again accept my apologies and thankyou for responding and trying to help . the world needs more people such as yourself ...

Uninstall malwarebytes and downlad a new version from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, there is a button to download the Free version. You may have downloaded the other one.

There are also some viruses/spyware that mimic Malwarebytes, hopefully you did not download that one.

Ad-aware as lazyperson17 stated is also a good one to use. You may want to run a full scan with both, often one software will pick up what the other one missed.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

jefe323 - thanks for replying . That looked exactly like what I needed and it is for a 64 bit system BUT that must be for xp I have 7 and when I hit the start menu there is no such thing as "RUN" . Know of anything just like that , only for windows 7 .....

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

That almost worked but when I got near the end to where ya hit the keyboard enter key , a "reg svr32" box opens up saying among other things "to register a module you must provide a binary name". Any idea on what that is ?

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

THANKYOU!! This is by far looking like the best program going . I liked every thing about it , you weren't kidding about scanning every nook and cranny . Once I went to full scan It took 1 hour 10 minutes to complete . It didn't take that annoying box on my users site away BUT my computer seems to run a little better and I know I'll sleep a little better tonite knowing I have this program installed . THANKYOU AGAIN !!!

TRENDING THREADS