SL-75DRV2 MB No post!!!!

G

Hello
I have just brought SL-75DRV2 MB and got a Athlon 1700 XP for Xmas. When I installed new board, all I got was the fans running and the red light on the board was on, even the monitor doesn't come on!!! there are no beeps either, I have tried all sorts to get it going, adjusting the jumpers, even taking it out of the case with just the power supply CPU and fan still no joy, then adding Graphics card and so on, same thing happens all the time. I did see somewhere that it does not support the Athlon XP and there is a bios update for it, but if I can't get it to post how can I update it? my specs are as follows:>

Athlon XP 1700
SL-75DRV2
Crucial Ram DDR 256
300 Watt Supply
Geforce 2 GTS
Coolmaster fan

Hope this helps
Thanks for your time Jamie
PS I live in the uk!!!

FANTASTIC!!! THE BOTTLES PLASTIC<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BASSMAN on 12/28/01 08:12 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

I suppose you could get a CPU which is supported, then do the BIOS, then replace the CPU. Sounds a bit of a crap deal.

I'd double, then treble check EVERYTHING!

Just use the PSU, CPU (must have HSF), gfx card. Monitor brightness on, monitor on, etc etc.

No beeps is usually quite serious. I'd be double checking the RAM and gfx card seating first. Then double check your placing of the HSF on the CPU die.

If possible, try to use other parts that you know work.

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

Try using cmos jumper for 10 seconds with system off, then return to original position. Also try reseating ddram. Many people don't press the ram all the way in the first time, as it can be a very tight fit.

G

Hi ya
Thanks for the replies!!! Tried all that, no go!! What do you mean a cpu that supports it!! Tom used a 1900 XP?
Jamie

FANTASTIC!!! THE BOTTLES PLASTIC

G

This sure sounds like the processor might be dead. Do you get power for the HD? SL-75DRV2 does support XP, I am using 1500+ with it.

One thing you might want to check just in case you installed the CPU and the cooler yourself: did you mess around with the thermal paste?

I did, and the CPU went down. I was afraid I lost the thing. I had to wipe it clean through and through ... until it got going again.

G

Please look at some of my old replies.

It sound like yout got an old mobo, which is not fixed for the XP's. You need to have a small red dor on the barcode lable on the PCI slot. This red dot indicates that the mobo has an fix for the xp's, you should get a replacement on the spot, I did, this is a known bug please check solteks home page www.soltek.com
Hope this helps,

I have a board that works fine,

Klaus

G

First of all I must tell you that I don't understand why did you f**ed up the jumpers, now you must read the mainboard instruction manual to set the jumpers back. If you are reading the Soltek instruction manual you will see that if the RED LIGHT is on the mainboard is ok, the voltage is pumping on. Read to manual to see how to reset the BIOS, I can assist you if you want. After that your system will come back to life. Do not run the RedStorm overclocking procedure because you will be forced to reset again the BIOS (I've did it, believe me). For the latest SLDRV2 drivers you'll find everything you need on http://www.soltek.de/English/download/main/75DRV2.htm.
Bye