I was at war with most of the world, the only peace was with
France. France and England had a MPP. While technically I was at war
with England I was not doing anything about it. I had 5 squares which
England could reach, all had fortifications and at least 10 mech inf
and two were mountainous besides. My only offensive operations were
agianst Spain.

England tries to bomb me. My fighter shoots down the
bomber--and triggers the MPP! Sorry, but that was in *MY* land, not
English land.

It happened again with different nations about 10 turns later.

Also, they closed a loophole too well. Before you could alter
the terrain of an ally, but now you can't alter the terrain of an
enemy. I wanted to clear out some jungle (under the cover of a lot of
mech inf) before I invaded. It won't let me.

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Loren Pechtel <lorenpechtel@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote:

> England tries to bomb me. My fighter shoots down the bomber--and
> triggers the MPP! Sorry, but that was in *MY* land, not English land.

I agree this is a bug.

Internally, the bomber probably never moves, just bombards from its home
city/airbase, so when you attack it with your fighter you are in fact
attacking it on home territory.

What happens when a unit adjacent to enemy territory makes a zone-of-control
attack on a passing unit? Has anyone ever observed this?

> Also, they closed a loophole too well. Before you could alter the
> terrain of an ally, but now you can't alter the terrain of an enemy. I
> wanted to clear out some jungle (under the cover of a lot of mech inf)
> before I invaded. It won't let me.

Too right, you ecological vandal, you!

--
Daran

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:27:36 -0800, Loren Pechtel
<lorenpechtel@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was at war with most of the world, the only peace was with
>France. France and England had a MPP. While technically I was at war
>with England I was not doing anything about it. I had 5 squares which
>England could reach, all had fortifications and at least 10 mech inf
>and two were mountainous besides. My only offensive operations were
>agianst Spain.
>
> England tries to bomb me. My fighter shoots down the
>bomber--and triggers the MPP! Sorry, but that was in *MY* land, not
>English land.
>
> It happened again with different nations about 10 turns later.

I haven't seen that.

> Also, they closed a loophole too well. Before you could alter
>the terrain of an ally, but now you can't alter the terrain of an
>enemy. I wanted to clear out some jungle (under the cover of a lot of
>mech inf) before I invaded. It won't let me.

Are you sure about that one? I know that you can't alter terrain of
a neutral, but I thought that you could if you were at war.