G

Hello,

I have ASUS A7v266-e. This board requires 3-pin connector for power LED, but my case comes with 2-pin connector. Does anybody know whether there is a converter of some sort?

Thank you,

Stepan

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hmmm. are you sure? double check. i know some of their other boards have problems with the power led not working, but haven't seen this before.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

G

Thanks for replying. On the board I have 3 pins

PLED+ --- PLED-
. . .

For POwer LED I have a 2 pin connector. I tried all the combinations, it doesn't work.

Do you think that I could try to connect power LED to IDE LED pins on the motherboard to check whether power LED is working?

Could you cut the connector in half to seperate the wires?

Then plug each on to the pins seperately. Not sure if this works, but sounds ok.

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

G

I thought about it, but I was hoping that there is adaptor or something. Did anybody know if it exists.

G

ok here is how u do it. put the positive on the positive one then go to where the third one should be and put the other one on it
leave the middle one open

G

Most AMD ones do, if you go to maplin or some such shop, you should be able to find a 3 pin plug. Its easy to take out the 2 wires from the current plug and put them in a 3 Pin one, at least they are in most of the cases i have built in.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This is the norm for motherboards, yes, even 386 Intel motherboards. You can cut down a 4 or more pin connector to 3 pins, lift the tabs to pull the wires out, and put them in the new connector.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?