Worth posting! IBM x40

Flagg7771234

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
In a year I setup and work on maybe 40 laptops... This one I realy think needs to be placed in the spotlight.

The IBM x40 with the added life battery. Man this thing rocks! IBM says 10 hours and I actualy found it to be 8hours between charges. But 8hours rocks! with built in 802.11b can connect almost anywhere. The laptop has the new moble intel chip, so it is rated at 1.8g, but you realy do not notice the speed, you do notice opening the book and from hibernation to being able to use is less than 10secs (maybe 15). The new intel Centrino (sp?) chip does not burn hot, actualy the laptop stays at or about room temp, so no more sweaty knees or bunching the covers over your lap while your in bed working.

The retail is $1400 and with the extras you will pay $1800. Well worth a look, and this will most definatly be my next laptop I buy for my self!

The laptop is the smallest full sized keyboard laptop I have ever seen. Not to be confused with the mini-laptops, this is full size... I think it is 14oz add the extra battery and your at 16oz.

A few bad things, You need to addon a CDrom and floppy. Not included. Fireware is not on the laptop and is extra.

Just my $.02
kevin

Flagg CNE MCSE CCNA
YAHOO IM @ flagg7771234

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
When you say "full sized keyboard", do you mean the keys are desktop-keyboard size or do you mean it has 104 keys?

I really hate laptops without 104 keys. Trying to use embedded numeric keyboard functions is a pain!

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>