Cannot install update KB2751352 and install Zune

aazzam14

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I have a Windows 8 x86 pro RTM and I cannot install this KB2751352 update. Also cannot install zune says cannot something something that related to windows update.

If ss202sl is correct, you can do this by going into Programs and Features, clicking the Turn Windows Features On or Off link at the left, and check on the box at the very top of the list called ".Net Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Windows will automatically download the required installer and set it up for you.

aazzam14

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

Yes but can anyone answer about the KB2751352 update that I can't install from windows update or downloaded manually from microsoft

Open an elevated command prompt and use the following command to clear the Windows Update cache:

net stop wuauserv
rmdir /s /q C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
rmdir /s /q C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
net start wuauserv

Each line above is a separate command. Once that is done, go through Windows Update again and see if the install works.

manh2244

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I'm also unable to complete this Windows 8 update. When I click on Turn Windows features on or off, the .net framework 3.5 is at the top like you said, but with a expand/collapse menu containing two items/checkboxes inside:

1) Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation
2) Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation

I initially checked both and Windows 8 failed configuring these features after prompting me to restart. I THEN checked only option #1, which installed successfully.

Taking into account another user's advice, I cleared out the Windows Update cache by deleting everything C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. I then restarted Windows Update and rebooted once prompted. The update still failed.

No idea what's going on here! Can someone please help?

manh2244

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Below are the details I copied from the update log. From what I've read C004F012 is a "This version of Windows is not genuine" error. Looks like the only way around this is to reactive Windows 8, but I don't have another key to do this. Any suggestions?

Update for Windows 8 (KB2751352)

Installation date: ‎10/‎1/‎2012 6:35 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code C004F012