cannot install CIV 3 conquest

Oh no. I thought I will tweak my map and now I cannot install conquest - I
recently had to change hard drive.

It gets to 60% and then I have error message with DX installer

file: D:directX\mdxredist.msi

Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)

any ideas guys? I have tried it with virus checker off. And Civ 3 standalone
works fine.

Thx in advance

The Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot install conquest
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:45:36 GMT, "The Chris"
    <chris_barry@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Oh no. I thought I will tweak my map and now I cannot install conquest - I
    >recently had to change hard drive.
    >
    >It gets to 60% and then I have error message with DX installer
    >
    >file: D:directX\mdxredist.msi
    >
    >Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    >
    >any ideas guys? I have tried it with virus checker off. And Civ 3 standalone
    >works fine.

    CRC error suggests a physical problem with the CD. Try cleaning it,
    gently (warm water should suffice). It could also be the drive,
    having problems reading some CDs.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Chris" <chris_barry@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Oh no. I thought I will tweak my map and now I cannot install conquest - I
    > recently had to change hard drive.
    >
    > It gets to 60% and then I have error message with DX installer
    >
    > file: D:directX\mdxredist.msi
    >
    > Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    >
    > any ideas guys? I have tried it with virus checker off. And Civ 3
    > standalone works fine.
    >
    > Thx in advance
    >
    > The Chris

    Thx Jeff u gave me the idea of trying my other drive and it managed 2% more
    install and I think it was a large scratch or bit of dust that caused
    problem.

    Back to my map now ))

    ATB
    The Chris