Changing Leaders' Names - editing stuff like that.

How do I change the names of a leader?
And is there a file of names of cities that I can edit (like as in Civ II)?

TIA.

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
Pull the pins out to reply direct.
8 answers Last reply
More about changing leaders names editing stuff that
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Fat Bloke" <fatblokeonbikepins@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:b7d5v0ptgf5uo9gmaka7tqfd96i2a9q17f@4ax.com...
    > How do I change the names of a leader?
    > And is there a file of names of cities that I can edit (like as in Civ
    II)?

    You can use the editor to make those changes....
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    >"Fat Bloke" <fatblokeonbikepins@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote in
    >message news:b7d5v0ptgf5uo9gmaka7tqfd96i2a9q17f@4ax.com...
    >> How do I change the names of a leader?
    >> And is there a file of names of cities that I can edit (like as in Civ
    >II)?
    >>

    >You can use the editor to make those changes....

    Ahhhh - thanx. I tried it again - after the initial failure which prompted
    my first post - this time managing to open the default civ3mod.bic file.
    If I change the "Civilopeadia Entry" field to RACE_my-choice-of-name, I
    assume I then have to alter the files in the Text sub-directory....???
    Anyway, done it - now off to see to what degree I've screwed things up.

    Thanx for your help.

    Yoooors,

    Iain.

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    Pull the pins out to reply direct.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Fat Bloke" <fatblokeonbikepins@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:gp17v0hu5i97625973731bio8768aasc5i@4ax.com...
    > >"Fat Bloke" <fatblokeonbikepins@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote in
    > >message news:b7d5v0ptgf5uo9gmaka7tqfd96i2a9q17f@4ax.com...
    > >> How do I change the names of a leader?
    > >> And is there a file of names of cities that I can edit (like as in
    Civ
    > >II)?
    > >>

    > >You can use the editor to make those changes....
    > >
    > Ahhhh - thanx. I tried it again - after the initial failure which
    prompted
    > my first post - this time managing to open the default civ3mod.bic file.
    > If I change the "Civilopeadia Entry" field to RACE_my-choice-of-name, I
    > assume I then have to alter the files in the Text sub-directory....???
    > Anyway, done it - now off to see to what degree I've screwed things up.

    If you do it that way, you'll have to make a bunch of changes in the text
    files.
    Here's the easy way:
    Open the editor.
    Edit the rules.
    Civilization tab.
    Rename Civ. (button next to civ pull down menu. I do have a hacked version
    and don't recall if the rename button was in the original. I saved it
    somewhere...)
    Change noun and adjective accordingly.
    You can then leave the civilopedia entry call alone. Unless you really want
    to make all those text changes.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    >> Ahhhh - thanx. I tried it again - after the initial failure which
    >prompted
    >> my first post - this time managing to open the default civ3mod.bic file.
    >> If I change the "Civilopeadia Entry" field to RACE_my-choice-of-name, I
    >> assume I then have to alter the files in the Text sub-directory....???
    >> Anyway, done it - now off to see to what degree I've screwed things up.
    >>

    >If you do it that way, you'll have to make a bunch of changes in the text
    >files.
    >Here's the easy way:
    >Open the editor.
    >Edit the rules.
    >Civilization tab.
    >Rename Civ. (button next to civ pull down menu. I do have a hacked version
    >and don't recall if the rename button was in the original. I saved it
    >somewhere...)
    >Change noun and adjective accordingly.
    >You can then leave the civilopedia entry call alone. Unless you really want
    >to make all those text changes.

    We're changing all the English to British.
    (We're Scots, y'see, so in that area, nothing, abso-bally-lutely nothing, is
    too much trouble to set that right...!!!)

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    Pull the pins out to reply direct.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Well England did come up with a unique way of taking over Scotland when
    military had failed.

    Have an English princess go marry a Scotish prince thats heir to the
    Scotish throne, wait for them to have a kid that in turn becomes King
    of Scotland, and then upon the death of the English king, invite the
    Scotish King to come down to London and become King of England.

    China's way of aquiring inner mongolia was also unique. Allow a
    Mongolian invader to conquer China and relocate.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    [snip]
    >> If I change the "Civilopeadia Entry" field to RACE_my-choice-of-name, I
    >> assume I then have to alter the files in the Text sub-directory....???
    >> Anyway, done it - now off to see to what degree I've screwed things up.
    >>

    >If you do it that way, you'll have to make a bunch of changes in the text
    >files.
    [snip]
    >You can then leave the civilopedia entry call alone. Unless you really want
    >to make all those text changes.

    It's the minor Significant Other in this house - he's suddenly discovered
    he's Scots (he always knew it, but he's just *discovered* it, if you
    understand) and nothing will do but every mention of "English" must be
    excised. I've managed to persuade him that Elizabeth's images are
    *reelly-reelly* those of Mary Stuart, so at least I'm not destined to spend
    time in Photoshop.

    Thanx again.

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    Pull the pins out to reply direct.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    <joncnunn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    1106676221.146408.16990@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Well England did come up with a unique way of taking over Scotland when
    > military had failed.
    >
    > Have an English princess go marry a Scotish prince thats heir to the
    > Scotish throne, wait for them to have a kid that in turn becomes King
    > of Scotland, and then upon the death of the English king, invite the
    > Scotish King to come down to London and become King of England.
    >
    > China's way of aquiring inner mongolia was also unique. Allow a
    > Mongolian invader to conquer China and relocate.

    Good to be reminded. Not so very very unique, in fact. Think of the Greeks,
    that conquered most of the world they knew after being conquered by the
    Macedonians... and then a few centuries later were conquered by the Romans,
    took over them by culture ("Graecia capta ferum victorem caepit") and ended
    by dominating most of the richest and more advanced part of the world under
    the name of Eastern Roman Empire, from Byzantium...

    As usual, reality shows much more imagination than us mere gamers...

    Alfredo
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    >> Well England did come up with a unique way of taking over Scotland when
    >> military had failed.
    >>
    >> Have an English princess go marry a Scotish prince thats heir to the
    >> Scotish throne, wait for them to have a kid that in turn becomes King
    >> of Scotland, and then upon the death of the English king, invite the
    >> Scotish King to come down to London and become King of England.
    >>
    >> China's way of aquiring inner mongolia was also unique. Allow a
    >> Mongolian invader to conquer China and relocate.
    >
    >Good to be reminded. Not so very very unique, in fact. Think of the Greeks,
    >that conquered most of the world they knew after being conquered by the
    >Macedonians... and then a few centuries later were conquered by the Romans,
    >took over them by culture ("Graecia capta ferum victorem caepit") and ended
    >by dominating most of the richest and more advanced part of the world under
    >the name of Eastern Roman Empire, from Byzantium...
    >
    >As usual, reality shows much more imagination than us mere gamers...
    >
    >Alfredo

    And, of course, it was really the British who won the War of American
    (so-called) Independence.
    Lets' face it, most of the settlers were of British stock, who were facing a
    bunch of Hanoverians. Can't have johnny-foreigner winning, eh? What? What?

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    Pull the pins out to reply direct.

Games Video Games