Civ 4: Controversial Topic

Everyone keeps posting about what they would like to see or change in
Civ 4.... but what would you want to KEEP from Civ 3???
7 answers Last reply
More about controversial topic
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Jaymee" <jaymee@redknapp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Everyone keeps posting about what they would like to see or change in
    > Civ 4.... but what would you want to KEEP from Civ 3???

    Not sure... Most everything in Civ3 aside from the game engine can be
    modded.

    What I would like to see is the ability to convert/import Civ3 units and
    other graphics into Civ4 without too much work. I'd hate to have people who
    have put mods together for Civ3 go back and redo alot of work just for a
    Civ4 mod
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    --
    Daran

    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
    English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
    on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
    unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Daran" <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message
    > Jaymee <jaymee@redknapp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
    >> Everyone keeps posting about what they would like to see or change in
    >> Civ 4.... but what would you want to KEEP from Civ 3???
    >
    > --
    > Daran

    That's what i call a concise answer ;-)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:19:34 -0500, The Stare <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

    > "Daran" <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message
    >> Jaymee <jaymee@redknapp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
    >>> Everyone keeps posting about what they would like to see or change in
    >>> Civ 4.... but what would you want to KEEP from Civ 3???
    >>
    >> --
    >> Daran
    >
    > That's what i call a concise answer ;-)

    It was certainly short, but I'm not sure it was "to the point".
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Dave Hinz <DaveHinz@spamcop.net> wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:19:34 -0500, The Stare
    > <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Daran" <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Daran
    >>
    >> That's what i call a concise answer ;-)
    >
    > It was certainly short, but I'm not sure it was "to the point".

    I suppose it could be construed as implying that I don't want anything
    retained from Civ 3, but in fact it was posted accidently. I was just
    reading the article, that's all.

    I don't know how to answer they question. It's easy to identify things I
    don't like, and say that they should be changed. It's also easy to idenfify
    features I like, but the problem is, I have no idea what other things will
    have changed which may mean that the feature I like no longer works as well,
    or even makes any sense at all.

    --
    Daran

    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
    English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
    on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
    unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:18:23 +0000, Daran <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote:
    > Dave Hinz <DaveHinz@spamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:19:34 -0500, The Stare
    >> <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Daran" <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message

    >>> That's what i call a concise answer ;-)
    >>
    >> It was certainly short, but I'm not sure it was "to the point".
    >
    > I suppose it could be construed as implying that I don't want anything
    > retained from Civ 3, but in fact it was posted accidently. I was just
    > reading the article, that's all.

    I wasn't sure if you had made a mistake or were being clever. Figured
    the latter, actually.

    > I don't know how to answer they question. It's easy to identify things I
    > don't like, and say that they should be changed. It's also easy to idenfify
    > features I like, but the problem is, I have no idea what other things will
    > have changed which may mean that the feature I like no longer works as well,
    > or even makes any sense at all.

    See, that's the thing; without knowing how the internal interactions work,
    it's hard to know which cards we can remove, and which ones are holding the
    rest of the house up.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Dave Hinz <DaveHinz@spamcop.net> wrote:

    > I wasn't sure if you had made a mistake or were being clever. Figured
    > the latter, actually.

    Figured wrong. :-)

    --
    Daran

    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
    English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
    on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
    unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll

Games Video Games