ECS K7S5A Sound problems

jiggytom

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
i have a ECS K7S5A with a Athlon XP1600 running at 1.58ghz. My problem is the freakin onboard sound( or something). It is very very low, like i have to put my head to the speaker to hear it, so i went to buy a new sound card, the Hercules Fortissimo II and had the exact same problem, very low sound, Any suggestions people , thanks :)

Might be your system sound settings (little speaker icon on taskbar next to clock). Double check em.

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are using amplified speakers correct?

I just love it when someone blames a problem on a motherboard when they don't have any idea what the problem is.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
lol...turn up the volume in the sound control panel...the speaker in the taskbar.
lol
but dont turn it up too much, beause if you do, the sound will be all garbled...and sound like a$$.
my friend thought his speakers were blown, but the volume was set too high in windows, and made them sound blown...i turned it down for him, and his speaks sound like new!
so check the output levels in windows, and make sure your speakers are amplified, and plugged in, and turned up to a reasonable level.
what speakers are these BTW.
and...your motherboard shouldnt have anything to do with the sound being low.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-