ID3 tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmb_fan

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
I use exact audio copy & razorlame to get my CD's to MP3's. However, those programs dont put an ID3 tag in so the text in my car's MP3 player comes up with "track 01" instead of the name. I did a search on download.com for a prog that puts ID3 tags in and tried almost every program that was returned and couldnt find a program that would look at a CD's(or group of songs) parameter's and automatically fill in the tag information. Is there a program that even does this? If not can anyone reccomend an easy to use program that lets you edit A LOT of MP3 tags quickly? i searched the forum and came up with nothing so hopefully i didnt miss the answer if it's out there. thanks

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
It's been a while since I used MP3, but I think I remember <A HREF="http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm" target="_new">Tag&Rename</A> being pretty good.

You know, it's really not too hard to set up EAC to tag your files as you create them, and bypass RazorLame altogether. Download the Lame encoder and have EAC pass it the tagging parameters as you rip. If you can't figure that out, reply and I'll figure out the correct EAC command line to do this.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

dmb_fan

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
*kicks self in face* i somehow knew i was making it harder than it should have been. thanks, i will give that a try

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
or audio grabber. it has a lot of control over that stuff. and starting some time this month its a free download, not the crippled version.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Status
Not open for further replies.