HELP! Can't change multipl. /TB1.2GHz

G

I have an M830 PC CHIPS mainboard=> SiS735. It's a cool chip but this board drives me crazy, the BIOS does't let me change the FSB nor the multiplier. The multiplier is the real pain in the ...BIOS. (I use a TB @ 1.2GH FSB266). What can I do to persuade the BIOS to let me change the multiplier? Please mail me at deusexmachina@xnet.ro
Thanks.

The only way you may be able to change the multiplier is connecting the L6 and L7 bridges. Your L1 bridges may be unlocked (connected), permiting you to change the multiplier. You should be able to tell with a magnifying glass. I don't have any manuals left that list the multiplier settings that you can use with the L6 bridges. Your multiplier setting is 9.0 (9x133=1200). If you connect all 4 L6 bridges using a connecting pen (about $12 at some electronics stores), your multiplier setting will jump to 11 or 11.5. To run at the higher setting, you may have to connect the L7 bridges to raise your cpu voltage to 1.85. To run at the higher voltage setting, you'll need a better heatsink, preferably one made with copper. Total cost just to gain a few megahurtz speed could easily be $50. And there's no guarantee that it will work. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it.