Copernicus/Newton

Are the two science wonders cumulative like in Civ2, or do they have to be
built in separate cities?
(I know I could find out by trying, but it would take a while to do so.) It
is odd that the game makers are so very coy about the tech tree, and the
advantages of various discoveries/improvements.

John Brockbank

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:45 -0000, "John Brockbank"
<wagley@wagley.screaming.net> wrote:

>Are the two science wonders cumulative like in Civ2, or do they have to be
>built in separate cities?
>(I know I could find out by trying, but it would take a while to do so.) It
>is odd that the game makers are so very coy about the tech tree, and the
>advantages of various discoveries/improvements.

The wonders are cumulative. Each one adds to the science, based on
the city's base science production -- doubling means adding 100%, so
two double-science wonders adds 200%.

Thanks for that information: that is not as cumulative as in Civ2, where I
think that Newton's doubled up on top of Copernicus but it is still perhaps
OK to build both in the same city.

In article <420fb43a_2@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>,
wagley@wagley.screaming.net says...
> Are the two science wonders cumulative like in Civ2, or do they have to be
> built in separate cities?
> (I know I could find out by trying, but it would take a while to do so.) It
> is odd that the game makers are so very coy about the tech tree, and the
> advantages of various discoveries/improvements.
>
> John Brockbank

They're cumulative. I try to put them into a city maxed with river
squares, and some bonus trade goods if I can manage, and stack them with
the Colossus to boot .... phenomenal numbers of beakers have been
achieved :)

-P.