HavoK

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003

I heard that python will be embedded in civ4 and that we will be able to
write our own custom python scripts for it. Does any one know to what
extent we will be able to program civ4?

There are a lot of annoying things about civ3 that could be solved with a
bit of scripting and I hope that civ4 ollows me to do it, examples:

When I want to prepare for a war I'd like a script that:
1) gets every city with a production of X shields
2) if it doesn't have a barracks, build one
3) otherwise build the best offensive unit

other script examples are:

* switch to maximum food/shield/commerce production on a
continent/worldwide basis would also be handy.

* look through all my cities and report the ones it considers
under-defended, and start building barracks/defensive units there.

* wake all units outside of cities (I often forget a couple in the game)

* switch cities with no culture to build library/temple

well, I can think of dozens more, I think all the examples deal with
removing some tedious micromanagement tasks, but hopefully scripts can be
used to execute wars etc.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

sssssssssssssssssssss

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:52:52 GMT, "kss" <ksolomon@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

>when will civ4 be coming out? Who will be making it?

Theatrically in the fall.

TRENDING THREADS