I just installed SP2, and now each time I check my mail in Outlookexpress my
taskbar shows a messenger icon, If I check my inbox folder in hotmail,
another messenter icon shows up in taskbar. Why double icons?
--
Don

Greetinsg Don,

Outlook Express is starting Windows Messenger and Hotmail is starting MSN Messenger. I
assume you use the later, so you can simply disable the Messenger support within Outlook
Express to stop this behavior.

To do so, close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed SP2, and now each time I check my mail in Outlookexpress my
> taskbar shows a messenger icon, If I check my inbox folder in hotmail,
> another messenter icon shows up in taskbar. Why double icons?
> --
> Don

Thanks Jonathan, it fixed the problem....

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetinsg Don,
>
> Outlook Express is starting Windows Messenger and Hotmail is starting MSN Messenger. I
> assume you use the later, so you can simply disable the Messenger support within Outlook
> Express to stop this behavior.
>
> To do so, close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed SP2, and now each time I check my mail in Outlookexpress my
> > taskbar shows a messenger icon, If I check my inbox folder in hotmail,
> > another messenter icon shows up in taskbar. Why double icons?
> > --
> > Don

Hi Don,

Glad to hear it =)