Abandon city

How the * do I abandon a city in V Civ 3?

often late in the game I end up with too many cities (corruption problems)
and it would be nice to get rid of (sell improvements first etc) some of the
ones which were in OK locations in the early game but later on are just too
crowded / not as good as they were earlier.

TIA

Garrie

"Garrie Irons" <girons@optusnet.deletethis.andthis.com.au> wrote in message
> How the * do I abandon a city in V Civ 3?
>
> often late in the game I end up with too many cities (corruption problems)
> and it would be nice to get rid of (sell improvements first etc) some of
> the
> ones which were in OK locations in the early game but later on are just
> too
> crowded / not as good as they were earlier.
>
> TIA
>
> Garrie

I don't think VC3 has the abandon option so you have to starve it down to 2
and build a settler or 1 and build a worker. The city can have no surplus
food per turn being added to the food box in order to get the abandon option
when the worker/settler is built.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:48:18 GMT, The Stare <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

> "Garrie Irons" <girons@optusnet.deletethis.andthis.com.au> wrote in message
>> How the * do I abandon a city in V Civ 3?
>>
>> often late in the game I end up with too many cities (corruption problems)
>> and it would be nice to get rid of (sell improvements first etc) some of
>> the
>> ones which were in OK locations in the early game but later on are just
>> too
>> crowded / not as good as they were earlier.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Garrie
>
> I don't think VC3 has the abandon option

Does on the Mac, at current patch level. Can't speak for other versions.
If I'm feeling particularly nasty and/or over-stretched, I'll capture
enemy cities, sell off all the good stuff, and _then_ abandon it.
Doesn't work so good unless you're down to 2 civs, though, because it
really pisses off other leaders.

Dave Hinz