Messenger Plus! 3 [MsgPlus! 3] Version 3.25 Released

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

For those people that continue to focus on the C2Media/Lop sponsor, may I
suggest at least running the install program to see the changes for
yourselves, and also to see that Patchou is listening to the 6,000,000+
people that use MsgPlus!.

http://www.msgplus.net/download.php
or
http://smidsy.myby.co.uk/MsgPlus-325.exe [My download mirror]
====

3.25.106 Version - 20/10/2004

The sponsor agreement has been modified extensively.

I've taken into account all the complaints and suggestions I got this year
and I hope this new version will please everyone. Some people tend to forget
that Messenger Plus! is a full featured Messenger Plus! plugin, not just a
way for me to earn my life. I'm still using all the time I've got to improve
this software and I hope the next reviews I'll read about Messenger Plus!
will focus more about its features than its sponsor.

The sponsor's trial-period delay that was introduced recently got removed to
avoid misunderstandings.

The second screen of the setup now displays a text explaining what the
sponsor is and how to uninstall it. A small delay prevents the Next button
from being pressed repetitively to give a extra chance to the user to read
the explanation message.

The agreement window has been completely redesigned: the name of the
sponsor, C2Media, is now written in bold, the license agreement is not
"hidden" by the explanation message anymore, the "I refuse" option is
clearer and, more than everything, a big screenshot of the sponsor's toolbar
is displayed on top of the agreement. I honestly don't see how anyone could
miss the point of this window now.

Security being a major concern nowadays, I invested in a digital signature.
From now on, every public release of Messenger Plus! will be signed by
Verisign as coming from Patchou.

Several bugs have been fixed but I had such a busy week that I didn't take
the time to write them down in this file, sorry.

This version is the last one before the Messenger 7 compatible version. This
means that this version is NOT compatible with MSN Messenger 7 yet. I want
the next version to be worthwhile so it's taking me some time to develop it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

This is a MSN "discussion" newsgroup not a forum for you to spam and peddle
software. As for your rant about C2Media/Lop sponsor?? There has been no
mention of that or MsgPlus in here for weeks and the Queen Mums "update" of
the 15th you mentioned is now 6 days old.

"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a MSN "discussion" newsgroup not a forum for you to spam and
peddle
> software.

Seeing as there was a discusion about msgplus being "another sacred cow",
and also that patchou DID mention in that thread that he was going to
produce a version 3.25 to try to prevent any additional sponsor installs.

I figured it would not do any harm to let these MSN groups know that the
newest release had turned up, if only so that those people that continued to
bash msgplus can try this for themselves and se the differences themselves.

> As for your rant about C2Media/Lop sponsor?? There has been no
> mention of that or MsgPlus in here for weeks and the Queen Mums "update"
of
> the 15th you mentioned is now 6 days old.

I don't check the "Queen Mum's" site everyday, so my apologies for not being
as up to speed as your good self.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup:microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger
* Reply to: All; "Brian!" <bmtaylor@blueyonder.ku.oc>
* Date:Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:54:12 -0500
* Subj:Re: Messenger Plus! 3 [MsgPlus! 3] Version 3.25 Released

....errr...you do know who you just replied to?? Don't you? ;)
--
Jack

"Brian!" <bmtaylor@blueyonder.ku.oc> wrote in message

> I don't check the "Queen Mum's" site everyday, so my apologies for
> not being as up to speed as your good self.

Well shucks, perhaps you should have checked the latest version of my site
BEFORE posting.

To all: For what it's worth, what Brian says about not checking my site
every day is true. According to my stats Brian's system accessed my site
(please forgive time zone difficulties - I hope they don't cause *too* much
confusion for people - heck they're confusing for me sometimes) on:

2 October
5 October
6 October
11 October
21 October

5 days and 10 days are BIG non-attendance gaps if somebody is going to
flame/make judgments on old content, especially when a page is updated and
edited as often as I have been writing about Messenger Plus! (think Blog
without the ping). Often a page on which I am working will be updated 6+
times per night. I reckon my Messenger Plus! pages were
updated/changed/fixed/improved on at least 6 of those 10 days, probably
more. If anybody wants to push the issue I may be able to get precise
upload stats from the mvps.org domain owner - after all, he provides very
comprehensive visitor stats ;o)

BTW Brian, when you posted your 'crying out loud' comment (21 October at
7.31 pm local time), I *was* testing the latest version of Messenger, taking
screenshots, running comprehensive malware scans, writing an article and
then updating my site, the first upload occurring not long after your
message (remember, the 'last updated' dates on my site are Australian time,
not US time and I don't even get HOME until 6.30pm local time at the
earliest and then only if I am able to leave work on time. As the
coordinator I don't always get to do that.)

Being in Australia the new version of MP was released whilst I was asleep,
on a workday, and whilst I was offline. Some of us live in different time
zones, and still work long hours for an employer to pay the bills. If my
response times are not not good enough for you, that's too bad because I am
not willing to quit paid employment to live off the proceeds of malware or
spyware and I will not give up a busy life and an 'ethical' income for the
easy way out, even if it means giving up a new house and new stuff in a new
house.

BTW, Raceprouk still has not responded to my request for more information
about 'technical inaccuracies'. You two hang around the same forum; perhaps
you can ping him and ask him to provide more information? He has not been
to my site since 10 October.

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure advice remains current
_______________________________________

"Sandi - Microsoft MVP" <sandi_hardmeier@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Brian!" <bmtaylor@blueyonder.ku.oc> wrote in message
>
> > I don't check the "Queen Mum's" site everyday, so my apologies for
> > not being as up to speed as your good self.
>
> Well shucks, perhaps you should have checked the latest version of my site
> BEFORE posting.

When I checked the site PRIOR to posting this message, your site did NOT
have any information regarding build 3.25.

If you were in the process of checking the software over, that's all well
and good. I'm afraid my mutant power of reading minds (think Prof X without
the wheelchair) is on the blink due to a faulty transceiver, and will not be
replaced until Tuesday ;-).

* Date:Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:47:02 -0500
* Subj:Re: Messenger Plus! 3 [MsgPlus! 3] Version 3.25 Released
Well, Brian.
You know what they say. There are liars, and then there are damn
liars. Which one would you guess Sandi is?;)

--
Jack

> I'm afraid my mutant power of reading minds (think
> Prof X without the wheelchair) is on the blink due to a faulty
> transceiver, and will not be replaced until Tuesday ;-)

:eek:)