Message saying I'm signed on at another computer

Stephen

Hi,

When I go online, Messenger is supposed to start
automatically. But it keeps saying that I am signed on at
another computer, even though I am not, and to sign out of
that one. After I click these messages a few times, it
gets my online on this computer but doing this everytime I
go online gets boring.

If anyone has any suggestoins as to how to eliminate this,
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Stephen

Some programs cause MSN / Windows Messenger to load on the system at
start-up. I've seen this before (in fact, today) when I had virus scanning
set to scan all my file transfers in both programs.

Also, Messenger may also be set to load at start-up. To check whether this
is true, click the Options menu --> General, then see if the box marked
"automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows" is checked off. If
so, uncheck it and see if that solves the issue.

Let me know how it turns out.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.