Time to smash A7A266?

G

Hello I've asked questions about my board before and it just seems that the thing never works right I think it's time to get another board. Got the a7a266 in Feb. last year had a real hard time getting it to work at first it would not recognize my hard disk then magically it did!!! After it was all set up and working evertime I turn the power off to the mobo I lose all my cmos settings so I replaced battery and power supply(enermax 365) still everytime the mobo gets powered down I lose all cmos settings and it said it was because of improper frequency. This was all with bios version 1003 which it came with. I flashed to 1005 same problem. I then later on flashed to 1009 which then gave me a message saying that since I replaced my cpu I have to reset my frequency so I do this now everytime I have to power down the mobo to change a card or anything like that not just set it once but every freakin time. Now I am definitly no expert by any means but the choices are 900mHz, 1200mHz, or manuel I have an Athlon 1.2. I have tried both the manuel and the 1200 setting neither solves problem. I am as tired of this board as you probably are of reading this post so unless anybody has a solution for me I will be getting a new mobo (and probably not Asus)! If you can help me I would greatly appriciate it. Happy New Year!!!

My signature really sucks.

Amair_sc

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2001
Thats odd, I have the exact same board and I never had a problem. Very odd indeed, ill check my bios version when I get home.

AMD + Intel = lower prices for me :)

Latest posts