Jake_Barnes

Splendid
<b><i>"Geeks Put the Unsavvy on Alert: Learn or Log Off"</b></i>
The virus spreads when Internet users ignore a basic rule of Internet life: never click on an unknown e-mail attachment. Once someone does, MyDoom begins to send itself to the names in that person's e-mail address book. If no one opened the attachment, the virus's destructive power would never be unleashed.

"It takes affirmative action on the part of the clueless user to become infected," wrote Scott Bowling, president of the World Wide Web Artists Consortium, expressing frustration on the group's discussion forum. "How to beat this into these people's heads?"
Article: <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/05/technology/05VIRU.html" target="_new">NY Times</A>

<b>Don't be an idiot!</b>

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
well i mean that's what i always say

#1 im 19 i don't work in any big business or anything and i always am on AIM there fore i don't really use EMAIL, .... only people who email are Family and Friends......... but they always tell me that there sending me pics or a file or something......... So other then that i don't open it...

why the hell would you open something that says HIIIII or some dumb cracp with an attachment...lol jesus people open your F$&*#king eyes

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
It's like that commercial - forgot what it is for - where this guy is talking about how some virus is spreading throughout the office network and he wonders how it happened. At that point his daughter runs in and says "Daddy, come see this neat game I downloaded on your computer!"

Always makes me smile.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Yeah I always get a kick outa that one too. A friend and I were talking about this the other day. I was bitc#$g about stupid end users that think of a comp as a calculator; you don't need to know how it works, just that it works when you use it. I was ranting about this ultra simplistic way of looking at things till he reminded me that dumbasses like that (opens infested zip file and can't figure why the computer is doing strange things, duh) are the reason IT people are in business. I shut up after that.

A7n8x dlx 1004 Uber Agressive settings
2500Barton (Bastards locked it) Radeon 9200
WD 60g @7200w 8mg Cache Crucial 2700 2x 256
AMD ME??? Yeah they did me alright.

TRENDING THREADS